Thank you gifts

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsLilHen, Aug 24, 2007.

1. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Aug 24, 2007

I've been thinking that it would be nice to have my kids do something nice for all the staff that have been getting the school ready over the summer - I don't think the kids realize how much work goes into it!

I was thinking of having them make some sort of (healthy) treat, and a card and deliver it to the custodian office, the main office, the guidance office, etc. But, I can't think of what to have them make. I wish I could have them make a trail mix kind of thing... but I'm worried about the nuts. (who knows these days!) Any ideas??

I don't want to cook, and I really don't want it to take too long - but I want it to be something where everyone can contribute.

TIA!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  3. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Aug 24, 2007

What about just making a trail mix that does not contain nuts? You could substitute a healthy cereal like Kashi Go Lean. Kashi, dried fruit pieces, and some M&M's (okay so they aren't really healthy, just put a few in :p ) I think would work.

4. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2007

Watch out for M&M's....they have traces of nuts!!!!

What if the kids just wrote a really nice thank you card.....sometimes a message and nice picture mean more!

5. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Aug 24, 2007

Isn't it funny how everything has a trace of peanuts?

I agree that sometimes a message can be worth so much more.. I just feel like I want to have the kids create something too.. Plus, we are talking custodians and office staff! They need treats! : - )

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 24, 2007

Drink mixes are super simple and fun to make:

Spiced tea (hot tea mix)
    1 1/2 cups instant tea powder
    2 cups orange flavored instant breakfast powder
    1 (3-ounce) package lemonade mix
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground cloves
    3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    Combine all ingredients until well blended. Store mix in an airtight container. (I put it in jars and attach the directions with a bow)
    To make 1 cup of spiced tea: Place 2 teaspoons tea mix in a cup, add boiling water, stir and enjoy!

You could also make fresh lemonade or some kind of fruit punch and deliver a pitcher to each team.