Thank you for interview...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by CDOR79, Jun 18, 2018.

1. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jun 18, 2018

What would you say is the best way to thank a principal for an interview? I was told a decision would be made by tomorrow which kind of makes sending a letter via regular mail pointless.

Is it in poor taste to send an email right now? I'm just thinking it's faster. I don't want to turn them OFF either...although from reading posts on here it seems like once the decision is made, it's made..lol. A thank you won't change their minds!

Thoughts?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 18, 2018

An email is fine! Send it now!

4. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jun 18, 2018

How does this sound?:

Dear Mrs. __________,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to interview today for the third grade teacher position with the _______________________. It was a pleasure to meet with you, Mrs. _______, and Mrs. ___________, and to learn about the opportunity that your school currently has to offer.

My enthusiasm for the position as one of the third grade teachers with your district has been strengthened considerably as a result of my interview. I feel that my experience undoubtedly matches that which you are seeking in an educator. I also feel that my experience over the past eleven years, especially those years in third grade, have helped prepare me for the role. I am confident that I would be able to make significant contributions to your students and to your district overall.

I have a strong interest in working at the ______________________Elementary School. I've heard so many great things about it from one of your current faculty members, ______________________________. I would love to be a part of such a wonderful school district!

Thank you again for taking the time to interview me today. I welcome the opportunity to return to demonstrate a lesson for your students. Please contact me if you have any additional questions. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

5. Been There

Been There Habitué

Jun 18, 2018

This is just like one of my own letters! Fill in the blanks and send it now! Good luck!

6. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2018

A thank you can't hurt. If nothing else, if their mind is already decided, it might put you to the front of their minds in any future interviews.

Best of luck!

7. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jun 18, 2018

Okayyyy...sent! Thank you for the replies and input. We'll see!

8. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jun 18, 2018

I think it's totally fine that you sent it, but it very likely wasn't necessary. You either got the job or you didn't, and it is extremely unlikely that your email/letter would make a difference one way or the other.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    YoungTeacherGuy likes this.
  9. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jun 18, 2018

That’s what I’m thinking! It won’t matter but I did what I should do.

We shall see!