Thank you for interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CDOR79, May 13, 2018.

1. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

May 13, 2018

I had an interview this past Tuesday. I think it went pretty well. They said I have a lot of the things they’re seeking and would be calling for round 2, if they wanted me, in the next week.

I sent a thank you email yesterday morning (Saturday). A few things I was wondering about..

1...I was sick the rest of the week after the interview and it completely slipped my mind to send it sooner! Do you think it was too long after? Would the idea that I didn’t send it sooner effect the chance of me being hired?

2...is an email sufficient enough or should I send a hard copy too?

3...have you always sent thank you’s? What is your experience?

3. waterfall

waterfall Maven

May 13, 2018

I have rarely sent thank yous; the one exception was when I attended a job fair and talked to specific principals there. In that case, I was trying to get a "real" school-based interview (rather than just the screeners they do at job fairs) and stand out among the probably hundreds of candidates they talked to, so it seemed more relevant.

I have been on the interview committee at two schools that I've worked in. We never leave the interview room without making a decision. The only reason that candidates may not hear right away is that we are waiting on reference calls and HR approval. By the time a thank you note would arrive, the decision has already been made. Even if we are waiting on some things, a thank you note isn't going to make us change our decision. If you're going to send one at all, I would suggest that it definitely be email so that it gets there right away.

4. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

May 13, 2018

Thanks for the reply, Waterfall. I did send the email yesterday morning as soon as I remembered!

It’s reassuring to hear the hiring decisions you’ve been a part of haven’t been influenced by thank you’s. Lol. I’m beating myself up over here that I forgot to do it sooner! The whole time line of the process makes sense anyway. I’m just starting to analyze the whole thing wondering if they’ll want me for another interview. But at the end of the day- if it’s meant to happen, it will. I did what I could!

Thanks again!