Thank You Email Response

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MzQualified, Aug 3, 2011.

1. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

Has anyone ever received a response from emailing a thank you letter?

Or is it just something the person just reads and moves on....:whistle:

3. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Aug 3, 2011

I sent a thank you email to a P after I interviewed for a 3rd grade position, and she replied by saying "We were very impressed".

I also emailed after two weeks to check on the status of the hiring process, and she replied letting me know that the board had decided to transfer from within district. I thanked her again, and asked to be considered for any future openings, and she said "I will surely keep you posted".

I guess it just depends on the P. This one was very good about communicating with me.

4. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

I haven't ever received replies to thank you letters, but I have received a few replies to emails I've sent asking questions or expressing interest in positions. And, of course, rejection emails... :(

5. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

Oh okay. I was just wondering if you do receive a response to your thank you email, you could count that as a good sign or not!! Just my mind wondering during this week long waiting game...lol

6. jcar03

jcar03 Companion

Aug 4, 2011

I have never sent a thank you e-mail (at least not yet). I send a typed letter to the interview panel.

7. newbie23

newbie23 Comrade

Aug 4, 2011

I'd never received a response before my last position but I had also never emailed my thank-you before that. This process had such a quick turn-around and I interviewed on a Friday so I wanted to be sure they received them prior to their decision. I included something personal in each of the emails like the link to a program they asked me to tell them more about or congratulating them on recent test scores. I received an emailed response from two of the teachers. One of them was before the official decision and I read way too much into it.

I think in general, it's not common to receive a response.

8. kiwi193

kiwi193 Rookie

Aug 4, 2011

I haven't received a response from a thank you email and ended up getting second interviews (twice) and hired.