Thank you e-mail

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by nyteacher01, Jul 18, 2006.

1. nyteacher01

nyteacher01 Companion

Jul 18, 2006

I had a second interview today. Should I send a thank you via e-mail to the principal? I do not know the names of the other 5 people that were there.

3. jd019

jd019 Companion

Jul 18, 2006

Of course! If you can't remember everyone's name thank the prinicpal by name and mention something like how you enjoyed speaking with the other staff members as well. I sent an email like this and I got the job. Good luck!

4. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 18, 2006

I sent mine to the main person I interviewed with. IE the person that called me to set the interview up. I just addresed the main interview person and recapped some things we discussed as well as expressing my excitement and interest in working with them.

5. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jul 18, 2006

You could always address it Dear Mr. Principal and the fifth grade team. It covers it. I hope it went well. When will you hear?

6. nyteacher01

nyteacher01 Companion

Jul 18, 2006

I am going to send it tonight so that the principal gets it tomorrow morning. There were 4 statff members and 1 parent. Too much to remember all at once. I will thank her and the interview committee.

She didn't say exactly when I would hear, but I have a feeling it might be by this Friday. The next step is a meeting with the superintendent. Before I left, she told me that they were impressed with me. I really have my fingers crossed this time, but trying not to get my hopes up. I thought my last interview went well, but it was a no go.

Any tips on what I should include? Thanks again.

7. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 18, 2006

I was told to try and include some additional information about some of the topics you discussed in the interview or just review some of them while restating your interest and of course excitement for working with them. Oh yes... and thank them for the opportunity to talk with them on xyz day. :)

8. nyteacher01

nyteacher01 Companion

Jul 19, 2006

I got a call back today and they want me for one of the positions. I am so excited. I can't believe it!! The last step is to get the okay from the superintendent which will be sometime in the near future.

9. trulyblssd

trulyblssd Companion

Jul 19, 2006

That is awesome! I'm soooo happy! I love good news!

10. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 19, 2006

congrats! One more of us with a job...I know that means mine is coming soon!

11. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 19, 2006

Congrats!