TGIF

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by txmomteacher2, Apr 20, 2012.

1. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Apr 20, 2012

I am so glad that today is Friday. This has been such a hard long week both professionally and personally for me. Now time for a short but hopefully relaxing weekend! Well ok in about 5 more hours my weekend will start.

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 20, 2012

It has been a long week... had to deal with some sickness in the fam... strep and sinus infections...now it yucky out!!!! UGH!!!

Hope you have a nice weekend!!!!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 20, 2012

Amen.

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Apr 20, 2012

It's been a long week for me too! And we're about to go on a field trip today-we won't get back at school until around 10:15 pm. I hope I can make it through the whole day!!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 20, 2012

I second this emotion.

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Apr 20, 2012

Long week here. Took a sick day in the middle as I had no voice. No energy for the rest of the week.

8. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Apr 20, 2012

Long week... field trip to the zoo was cancelled due to the rain. My kinders were SOOOO upset!

Personally, I've been dealing with our bank information being stolen for the third time. We are working on closing the accounts and moving to a new bank altogether. It's definitely stressful!

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 21, 2012

This whole month has been crazy for me, being the 2nd to last month of the school yr. It will die down some after the first week of May. I have quite a bit of school work, work for work, & studying all weekend! :mad: But I'm still going to the Pet Expo! :)

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 21, 2012

Well, the weekend is here! Friday felt like it would go on forever. I don't know what was going on with the kids but they could not stay in their seats. I thought I was going to start pulling my hair out! Thank goodness it's Saturday!!!!

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 21, 2012

We were just back from Spring Break this week... My plans were due, budget order due, emergency lock down drill, report cards, state monitoring visit, plus it's test prep season...:dizzy: that was QUITE a week!

12. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Apr 21, 2012

My last 2 weeks were not the best. I think I'm getting burnt out. We don't have any breaks except for winter break and holidays, so we just take off. But for the teachers it's already calculated in their salary, so if one has a 1-2 weeks scheduled break, they still make the same money, because it's evened out. For me, it basically means taking off without pay, which doesn't sound that great.

but i need a break. Unfortunately, if I'm going to be sitting at home, I'd get stressed out thinking that I could be making money, and instead I'm doing nothing. So I'm taking off Monday and going subbing at another school :) It sounds silly, but this is the best school in the district, so it will be like vacation. And I get to drop off my resume.

But I was so happy it was Friday, this whole past week I went to school in a really bad mood. That's not like me. Fortunately, as the days progressed, everything got better, but this is how I knew I needed a break. (1 week would be nice)

13. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Apr 21, 2012

I actually have a ST right now who has already taken over every subject, so this past week was great. I have one more week with her teaching in my class, and then it's back to reality. I got about 4 new games created for my math centers, and two weeks of planning done for language arts (the most time consuming in terms of planning). Next week I look forward to being just as productive.