TG Plans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 5, 2013.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 8, 2013

:hugs:

2. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 8, 2013

Are you going to Fashion Valley on Friars? I love that place, but the employees are haughty. I used to like Seaport Village, but it lost it's luster after I went there the first time because the first time somewhere new is, well, new to a person.

3. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Nov 16, 2013

Nothing. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

4. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Nov 16, 2013

Actual Thanksgiving with my family and DH's family on the following Saturday. My family is really low-key about T-giving because it's usually just my parents, DH, DS, and I because my sister and her family go to her in-laws'. TBH, last year my parents came to our house, so I didn't even put on makeup. :blush: DH's family is a little more formal, but there's always drama there. They make my family look really normal. Step sisters and brothers, jail birds, etc. DH doesn't get in the middle of the squabble, though. Poor guy is thrust into the role of peacekeeper.

But, more importantly...going to see Catching Fire with my niece and nephew!!!!!!!! :woot:

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Nov 16, 2013

I'm not sure what those shopping centers have, but they sound fairly fancypants. We were just going to do an Ikea trip, mostly so that we can stop and get some meatballs for lunch. :)

Right now we are thinking that we will probably move our Ikea trip to Christmastime. It gives us some more time to plan exactly what we're going to buy (we're furnishing a couple of rooms).

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2013

Ah! 11 glorious days off! That may sound like a lot, but it will zip by & I've got a TON of grad school work to do during that time: Term paper, a few quizzes, 3 extra credit assignments, & studying my head off for 2 killer finals! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I still plan to spend a day in LA going to the Auto Show & a little shopping. I guess that will be my only fun day this vacation. Parents will still be visiting too.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 18, 2014

It's Now 2014!

So SubCT is asking how many days everyone gets. This thread's continuing w/ plans!

Staying in town. Will be completely free on M & F of TG wk. Still got grad school HW. :mad:

My BF & I will cook our menu we've got planned. I'll definitely see my parents the day before or after, I'm sure. With my busy schedule, they don't care if we see ea other on the actual holiday, as long as it's close enough!

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 18, 2014

It took me a while to figure out this was Thanksgiving, not TeacherGroupie plans.

We're going to Colorado to see my sisters, as usual! Can't wait.

9. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Nov 18, 2014

Off to Poland from Sunday - Wednesday to see the extended family. Back in NY on Thursday for dinner and Black Friday shopping :cool:

10. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 18, 2014

I like plans for TeacherGroupie...

She is going to go for a bike ride in the park, stop and feed the ducks, and then have lunch at one of the local food trucks.

Any other plans for her?

11. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 18, 2014

She will need to stop at the farmer's market to pick up some fresh veggies. Probably should stop by the wine store also...

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Nov 18, 2014

I have off starting Tuesday so I'm going to catch up on some housework and errands and do some reading. Thursday we are going to a Thanksgiving buffet at a nice restaurant so I won't have to cook OR clean up!!!!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 18, 2014

TeacherNY, right, as little cleaning & other chores as possible right! :thumb:

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 18, 2014

I have the week off. Dropping my daughter off with her dad on Sat. Going to the Mockingjay movie with friends Sunday afternoon, then going to catch a football game with some more friends. No plans Mon and Tue. Wed night will be spent with friends. Thursday will be spent at a friend's house that does dinner for people who don't have family close by.

15. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2014

Tuesday after school we are leaving right away. It's a 13 hour drive to DH's hometown, but my parents are along the way at the 8 hour mark. We'll crash there and get up in the morning for the rest of the drive. We spend Wed. and Thurs. with his family, then head back down by my parents on Friday morning. We have our Thanksgiving there on Saturday, and then drive back on Sunday.

It'll be unusual for us to actually get away ON a holiday (DH is a pastor), but he and the other pastor trade off doing the Thanksgiving service.

16. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 18, 2014

(Wait: can't TG make her own plans?)

17. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 18, 2014

Looks like you have over 6 pages here to choose from TG!

18. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 18, 2014

just bein' friendly folk :hugs:

19. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 18, 2014

To misquote Robbie Burns, "The best laid plans of TG and men / Gang aft agley."

20. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 18, 2014

Though, hm, Ikea meatballs...

21. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2014

Going to New Hampshire; we celebrate TG on Black Friday with my 2 sisters' families, my dad, and my brother. However, DW now has to work Friday, so she will take a bus up on Friday evening and I'll drive the 1.5 hrs to pick her up in Boston. Then sometime Saturday evening I'll have to drive back to NY to get on a flight to Malaysia for business for 2 wks.:unsure:

It's my third trip to APAC since September...:|

22. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Nov 18, 2014

Wow, that's a lot of travelling! Hope you have a safe trip.

23. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 23, 2014

My grad school has no regard for TG, you think they might lighten up a bit, but no!
    Here's my TG week to-do's:

- read 170 pages in a text
    - type a 1-page lesson plan
    - type an 18-paragraph summary & state the new things I learned from my readings
    - work 44 hrs total
    - take as many online fluency & voice grad courses as possible...21, one-hr courses have to be completed by Dec. 5th!

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

24. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2014

Well I found out over the weekend it's probably just going to be me, husband, and youngest daughter. My oldest (who is living with us again) is going to go get the rest of her stuff from her apartment (broke up with boyfriend) The next oldest lives in another state and doesn't get that much time off for Thanksgiving (we will see him at Christmas) The 18 year old has to work on Thanksgiving. He told me he was going to eat at work and at home but not with us. I did invite my best friend but she hasn't really said if she was coming yet. It will be a nice quiet day! Unless you can count me yelling at the TV during the football games.

25. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Nov 24, 2014

I heard it was going to snow on Thanksgiving! I hope it's not too much since we have a 40 minute trip. We better leave early so all the turkey isn't gone by the time we get there!!

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I wish you all a relaxing, safe, memorable, & fun holiday w/ your loved ones!

Now, I have grad school homework I could do, but I'll cut back a little today. I have 2-3 rented movies to see. I cooked the gizzards & cut up the bulk of the veggies for my stuffing last night. Right now, the cornbread is baking. I'll chop the fresh herbs (sage, thyme, & basil) today along w/ the Serrano chiles for zest. I'm making a zesty stuffing & a regular stuffing. My BF doesn't like his stuffing hot (as in hot & spicy).

My BF will make roasted garlic mashed potatoes & we'll have jellied cranberry sauce...from the can! We were going to make ground turkey potstickers, but we decided to make those later in the week. I'd like to swing by my parents maybe tomorrow to give them some stuffing of mine. This is the first time I'm making my mom's delicious stuffing recipe by myself.