Texes tests scores

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by wdwmom2, Jul 2, 2007.

1. wdwmom2

wdwmom2 Rookie

Jul 2, 2007

ok i took two texas tests on 6/16. PBT. I took the science 4-8 and ppr ec-12 . Basically my job relies on me passing the science one 4-8 i am very knowledgable in science but it seemed like they asked very random out there questions.

But my question is does any one know how they score these, i've tried to find a rhyme or reason to peoples scores they seem very random and i dont really get it.

also do they ever release them early? or is it exactly at 5pm on friday the 6th?

Thanks

3. Lauren0459

Lauren0459 Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

I took the test on the 16 and have been keeping my fingers crossed since then. When I asked my advisor how this test was graded she said on a weighed scale. So some of the questions are worth more than others. Also if everyone in the testing group does bad on a certain question they might throw it out. It seems really confusing to me. I took the 4-8 Generalist content, and I walked away feeling very unsure. It could go either way. When I took the PPR exam the were release right on the date and time, the website said. So that is what I expect this time, I wish they were released earlier... I can not stand waiting! But at least we only have 24 hours to wait now! Good Luck!

4. wdwmom2

wdwmom2 Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

Thanks!

I know i've been making my self sick waiting.

Good luck!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for us both!

5. EducateElise

EducateElise Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

Glad to see I'm not alone. I've been on pins and needles since June 16 when I took the Eng Lang Arts/Reading 4-8. I too agree that the questions don't really reflect the classroom experience. I actually cried once in the car on the way home after the test because I wasn't too sure on how I did. Fortunately my job isn't on the line with this one exam (Charter school teacher) but I still want to become a fully certified teacher. I took the EC-4 Generalist in Dec 2005 and scored a 238. ELA/Reading was easier so surely I hit the mark this time but you never know.

6. Rivindei

Rivindei Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

Good luck to all of you. I took the ESL supplemental exam on 6/16. The anticipation is killing me.

7. wdwmom2

wdwmom2 Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

Well I failed my science by one point I got a 239!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGHHHHHH

at least i got a 281 on the PPR. but oh my i am upset. by one point!!!!

8. EducateElise

EducateElise Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

How did you get your scores back already???

9. wdwmom2

wdwmom2 Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

i looked on the sbec webiste under examinations they are posted there

10. Lauren0459

Lauren0459 Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

Sorry to hear about that wdwmom2, I'm sure you'll do great next time. And that was a wonderful idea to look up the scores on the sbec website! I passed my exam!! Now I can finally sleep! Good Luck everyone!

11. EducateElise

EducateElise Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

I PASSED!!!! FINALLY!

12. demo123

demo123 New Member

Jul 6, 2007

I am not able to log onto the TExES website to get my scores. Is anyone else having a problem?

13. Lauren0459

Lauren0459 Rookie

Jul 6, 2007

Yeah, I think the server is just really busy. But if you check the sbec website you can see your scores. Just log in and go to view examinations and it will tell you your scores.

14. minty

minty New Member

Jul 6, 2007

yes, i was also having that problem. i went to the sbec website to see my results. they were the same as the ones on the ets website. so, if you haven't gone to the sbec go there first. the only difference was the ets gave me a breakdown of my results.
    good luck to you.

15. demo123

demo123 New Member

Jul 6, 2007

Thank you minty and lauren0459!!
    I was able to see my results! I have been trying all day and did not think to try the sbec website. I'll try ets tomorrow for my breakdown. I passed both exams so I am very excited! Have a good weekend.

16. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

Sorry about the science exam. Can you take it by paper in August? So, you can keep your job? Your brain must have been fried by taking 2 exams on the same day. I know mine was after the EC-4 generalist.

Take care,

Sheri