texes special education test (ec-12)

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by houston, Apr 15, 2007.

1. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 2, 2012

2. Bloominlilac

Bloominlilac New Member

Sep 3, 2012

Thank you! Will do!

3. Bloominlilac

Bloominlilac New Member

Sep 9, 2012

Special Ed test

Okay, I have studied the reading site, and I feel very confident in that area, but I was wondering if there is a specific site that will help me with the special Ed laws - I've seen timelines with general info as well as in depth sites that dig deep into the laws...what's the best resource for study in Texas? I know I need to know the ARD process, and I've done plenty of IEPs over the year, but what, specifically, will be addressed in the test? I REALLY appreciate your help!! Still haven't gotten a definitive answer as to whether I have to take the 161 or the 163!! Either way, I have about a month to prepare!

4. IBelieve2010

IBelieve2010 New Member

Nov 21, 2012

I am taking the EC_12 161 in a couple of weeks..any helpful hints that can help me...

5. My3kloves

My3kloves Rookie

Dec 7, 2013

What is the difference in taking the sped 161 test and the sped supplemental 163 test? I signed up for the supp. Test but everyone here took the other. I am already certified in EC-6, PK-k early childhood and ESL. I want to be a resource teacher so which test is best?

6. texashistory

texashistory Rookie

Jul 25, 2014

Wow! I went in based off of this thread thinking the basics on score were still they same and they weren't.

When I was finished I didn't get a raw score. I asked the guy signing out and he said no you don't get a raw score. Is that a new 2014 thing or based on testing center?

I felt fine and it wasn't hard granted you study and know the material it was just LONG. I started getting antsy. I took I believe 4 breaks. Every 30-45 minutes or so I started getting restless and kept drinking water to refresh myself then I needed to go to the bathroom.

I was only truly stumped on one math problem. The rest were process of elimination and rereading the question to match the answer.

I will say the trickiness is still there relevant to this thread. If you narrow it down they both sound very good.

I've studied, prayed, studied and prayed now I've taken it and now I'm still praying.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 25, 2014

I think the raw score at completion may have been a 2012 thing, actually, judging from comments on threads on other Praxis tests. Hugs.

Taking breaks is nearly always a good idea.

8. texashistory

texashistory Rookie

Jul 30, 2014

I passed! 255!

I'm so happy! I was so scared! Now onto EC-6. Prayers and prayers and study and study