TexEs EC-4 Content Exam....Help!

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by newtothis2006, Aug 12, 2006.

1. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006

I don't know what I got myself into! My alternative Cert Program told me to sign up for the content exams as soon as I get accepted into their program. So, I did. Now I'm freaking out! My test is on Monday morning and I just started reading trough the study guide. I did not expect the material too be that challenging. I took the NES study guide practice questions and failed miserably! I scored a 60%. You have to get an 80% to pass. Has anyone else taken the EC-4 exam? I don't want to fail, this test is $107! I can't possibly study the 20 listed reference books before Monday. Does anyone have any ideas of how to cram? Theres got to be one book out there specifically covering all the material....Please Help!!!! :eek:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 12, 2006

See my post in Multiple Subject Tests.

Multiple posts tend to be discouraged on A to Z because it's too easy to lose information.

4. TeachAndie

TeachAndie New Member

Aug 14, 2006

Hope this is not too late, but, at a recent review session of the TExEs 4-8Gen. content exam, the reviewer told us that it would help us to answer the questions if we paraphrase them. She added common sense will help us answer the questions most of the time. Just read the questions slowly. Of course, these suggestions do not apply to the math questions. I took the exam two weeks ago. Won't get the results until Sept. 1st. Good luck!

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 14, 2006

The reviewer's advice is good, and can work for math as well: common sense and paraphrasing can often help the test taker see what the question is supposed to be getting at and with which tools it should be answered.

6. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie

Aug 14, 2006

Thanks for the advice guys. I did have my exam today. What a beating! It took me 3 1/2 hours for 110 questions. I was try to make sure I read and re-read and took my time. It was a very challenging test. Has anyone taken the EC-4 texes on here? I am really curious as to wether I passes and I think it could go either way. I scored 72 correct. BUT, some of those might be the 10 that aren't scored. Does anyone have any hopeful insight?

Oh, Teacher Groupie, I didn't realize there was a forum for exams until I had already posted here. I am new! :D

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 15, 2006

No worries, newtothis2006. Have you treated yourself nicely since finishing the test?