Texas Technology Applications EC-12 certification

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teachling, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Apr 7, 2015

I'm wondering if anyone here has done this certification. Was it an add on to what you already have? How has it helped you? How are you utilizing it?

I've also heard that some districts in Texas are considering making it mandatory. Just wondering what you know and experienced concerning this certification and application in schools.

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Apr 7, 2015

I've never heard of it. My district must not be on the bandwagon yet.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 8, 2015

I know a couple of teachers that have just added this on to their existing certifications. It helped one of the teachers keep a job in the district as he was transferred into that position from a core subject.

5. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Apr 9, 2015

Ive never heard of this certification until reading this thread.

6. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Apr 10, 2015

I have the equivalent version in NYS. In my program, I obtained a masters in tech to get the cert, the professors were always saying NYS is going to make this mandatory as technology now plays a bigger role in teaching. I don't see how it's possible to force thousands of teachers to go back to school for a tech cert, when so many other certs are in demand like ESL and SPED. And we are not a state that lets you just take tests like the Praxis to add on different certs, we'd have to go back to school AND complete additional student teaching to add on certs.

I however love the flexibility my tech cert gives me as I move forward in my career. I can teach different courses with it, become a staff developer or even go corporate in a private company down the line with it.