Texas Teacher Jobs?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by suzerich, Apr 25, 2012.

1. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Apr 25, 2012

I was wondering what your take is on teaching jobs in Texas this year. I have only seen one Job Fair (Reg 12 on May 2), and would appreciate knowing if there are any more coming up. This is my first year as a Fully Certified Teacher, but I think there may still be some red flags. I went through an ACP program, and completed a 12 week Clinical Teaching assignment last fall. Will only having 12 weeks (basically one semester) of experience still cause problems? My assignment was in 6th grade Regular and Honors Math. We had about 160 students, with 3 classes over 30 students. It was out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed teaching it. So, I am now certified 4-8 Generalist and 8-12 History. I am hoping to find something within 30 minutes of my son's school which is in Ellis County. I am looking in Ellis/Navarro/Hill and SW Dallas Counties. I am in the process of completing tons of applications from the little districts around here. I really need to find something this year, or I will have to go into a different area. Please let me know what you think the job market will be.

3. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Apr 25, 2012

If you want to drive to Nacogdoches they are having a job fair at SFASU on May 4th. It used to be that every district in the state went there. But last year over half didnt even show up. They had a bunch of empty tables with their district tag on them.

4. Xidous003

Xidous003 Companion

Apr 26, 2012

Good luck with your search. I'm sure TX has more jobs than CA, NY, or NJ :-(

5. Emmy

Emmy Companion

Apr 27, 2012

Katy ISD is having a job fair tomorrow (April 28th) and Spring Branch is having a Meet and Greet on May 10th. No registration required for Katy ISD but you must show proof of being certified. Spring Branch ISD you must register and space is limited.

6. smeraldo

smeraldo Rookie

Apr 29, 2012

Good luck! I agree with Xidous, more jobs there than the other states listed, I'm in the NY/NJ area, and have seen more jobs in Texas. This abnormal spring has me looking for warmer weather & lower cost of living.

7. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Apr 29, 2012