Texas Certification

Discussion in 'General Education' started by jlmn, Jul 6, 2010.

1. jlmn

jlmn New Member

Jul 6, 2010

Hello,

I have a quick question hopefully someone can answer. Does anyone know how long it takes the Texas SBEC to review credentials for those with out of state licenses??? Would someone with an out of state license be able to get the certification stuff taken care of and still be hired in time for this coming school year??

Thanks!!!

3. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 6, 2010

Have you already spoken with anyone at SBEC? I would ask them first because they would have a better idea of time estimates AND they might have more info you might need as well.

4. teach_4_ever

teach_4_ever Rookie

Jul 6, 2010

I had to do that a couple of years ago. I graduated and was certified in Louisiana, then we moved to TX. You have to submit all your test scores to SBEC, pay, and you can get a one year certificate. In that time, you have to take the TeXes tests (content and PPR), pay, and you can get a standard certificate. I don't know if they hire or not. I did all mine before I even started looking for a job.

5. teachsph2008

teachsph2008 Companion

Jul 8, 2010

It doesn't take too long. I was in touch with them quite often. They would guide me through the site and tell me exactly what to do. Also, I think on some job apps, you can put that your certificate is pending.

6. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

Jul 8, 2010

lol, you always have to pay. That's for dang sure.