Testing Procedures

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by Matt633, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Mar 21, 2008

I teach at a private school and we use SAT annual tests. How does your school administer tests? Do you test your own class? Procters? Do you have access to what is on the test before administering it? Any conflict with administering it at your grade level therefore knowing what is on the test? And lastly, how does testing affect the rest of the day with your students during that week?

3. JustT

JustT Comrade

Mar 22, 2008

Most standardize test comes with a teacher instruction manual. It will clearly define the testing atmosphere and many are scripted as to what you should say before you begin the test. Generally, you recieve the manual a few days before the test so you can prep properly.

I'm not allowed to preview standardized tests. After a day of testing... they need a break :)) They are really tired. I would aim for an independent practice activity they really enjoy.

4. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Mar 22, 2008

We use the ERB and test every morning for one week in May. I am given the tests and the teacher's materials a week before. We use the same test several years in a row, so I'm familiar with the contents.

5. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Apr 27, 2008

We have very tight security on test materials. We are not allowed to see even the manual until the day before the test. We have to take down EVERYTHING from the walls in the classrooms and in the hallways or cover it up. We can't even have the cursive alphabet up. We go to get our tests the day of testing in pairs. No one can be left alone with test materials. Students get NO help at all unless they have a SPED ruling.

We don't do much after testing because the kids are so tired. We color and do puzzles....I don't teach those days, but some do. After recess, I give students 30 minutes to put their heads down on their desks. Most of them want to nap for a few minutes; I even allow them to bring an old towel from home. After that, they usually have free time as long as they don't get loud. I cannot take loud!!! Sometimes I use this afternoon time for extra read-alouds. They love to be read to.

OUr school has Fun Day the Friday of testing week. We have hamburgers and hot dogs outdoors and kids play games. I allow my students to bring board games that day.