Testing and job hunting - Texas teachers

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by suzerich, Jul 11, 2008.

1. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Jul 11, 2008

I just started my ACP in late June. Because of "blackout" time between July 18-31 for CAT testing, the earliest I can take the CAT 4-8 generalist test is August 2. Will this hurt my chances for jobs this fall? I think test scores should be available in a couple of weeks for the CAT tests. The PBT tests take 4 weeks to get the results.

So, should I just concentrate on the coursework for the ACP, and not sweat the job hunting for now? I've applied at 3 districts close to me and my son's school which is private but not on the TEA list. I don't know if it would qualify for the internship requirements, although there have been some teachers there that have gone through ACP programs. Has anyone taken the tests so late and got a job for the fall? Has anyone completed their internship at a private school that was not on the TEA Accredited website?

Thanks in advance,

Suze

3. tracy

tracy Rookie

Jul 12, 2008

I took the TEXES generalist 4-8 exam on July 1st, my grades were posted on line the next day. I just got my official grades in the mail yesterday. I just started applying for teaching positions last Wednesday.

4. tracy

tracy Rookie

Jul 12, 2008

What is blackout time?

5. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jul 12, 2008

I took my ACP classes last summer, took my TEXES SPED in June and my EC-4 Generalist in August. I got a job in August-2 weeks before school started as an intern. It was through a public school though.

6. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Jul 13, 2008

blackout means they aren't doing testing during this time