Test materials for - TeXes 116 4-8 Science

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Teachling, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jun 15, 2016

Besides what the state has available (one question per competency) what else is out there that can be used. I have already downloaded everything relevant to STAAR (test, study guides 5& 8, lessons, etc.) - so I am using all that but would like something that can offer questions pertaining to all the other competencies. I'm also renting one of the XAM books for this test. What else would be beneficial to use?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 15, 2016

Alongside the Test at a Glance doc, try the preparation manual for both the 4-8 test and the 9-12 test. Use all the free docs plus whatever test-specific resources you already have as sources of technical terms to look up on the web. Look for free videos of the subject matter - YouTube is full of them, and freetechforteachers.com can point you to a bunch of the better ones.

4. Srhhwtt

Srhhwtt Rookie

Jun 18, 2016

I love the rea study guide! I think it's helpful to use a variety of study material. I helped my sister study for this exam. Quiz let had some good info on terms, but their practice tests weren't as great.