Test/Assessment Names (Help!)

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sk8enscars311, Nov 20, 2009.

1. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

Nov 20, 2009

I'm in a college class and by no means do I want help with my homework, but the professor has us creating fake present level statements for IEP's and lesson units and we have to include data-based information. She's wanting actual test names and hypothetical scores. This is a more introductory course so I'm not familiar with any of the tests (especially as a music teacher!) and she never went over anything like that.

Anybody have any test names I can research to find more about? I know of the Woodcock Johnson and that's about it. I don't even know how it's scored and can't seem to find it anywhere. If anybody knows any great links or can give details, that'd be awesome as well! (The subject is math.)

Thanks!

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Nov 20, 2009

CTOPP Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing. It's one of the tests they use to find out if a child might possibly be dyslexic.

4. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Nov 20, 2009

Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC). I think it's on it's 4th version now?

5. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Nov 20, 2009

I used the Brigance when I taught Special Education. Years ago I used Key Math,too. It may not even be around anymore!!

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 20, 2009

7. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Nov 20, 2009

* DIBELS
    * Wilson Assessment of Decoding and Encoding (WADE)
    * San Diego Quick Assessment of Reading Ability
    * District quarterly assessments
    * State achievement tests
    Dolch word check list
    Dolch words in context
    Slosson Oral Reading Test (SORT)
    Slosson Intelligence Test (SIT)
    Peabody Individual Achievement Test (PIAT)
    Brigance Inventory of Basic Skills

The starred ones are ones I actually use in my spec ed classroom right now to write IEPs. I also use several classroom based or informal assessments for math b/c I don't have access to a norm referenced or standarized math assessment. The others are ones that I've heard about or used. Those are ones that I can remember. I had an Assessment class and had to administer several of these on students to practice admin & interpreting. I would think you should be able to google assessment + special education or IEP and get some info.

8. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

Nov 20, 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. It looks like the majority are for reading though. :/ This professor is so goofy. She has a ton of typos in her assignments and at the bottom she warns us that she will take off points for excessive (2 or more) typos.

9. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

Nov 20, 2009

I looked a little closer and saw more of the math ones... woops! Thanks!

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Nov 20, 2009

There is the Battelle and the DAYC. They are developmental scales (cover motor, social, adaptive, communication and cognitive skills).

11. bros

bros Phenom

Nov 20, 2009

TOWL
    GORT
    Stanford-Binet
    Beery Buktenica Test of Visual Motor Integration

12. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Nov 21, 2009

K-TEA measures reading comprehension, spelling, decoding, math concepts, and math operations.

13. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Nov 21, 2009

Sorry, I missed the math part. But, many of the suggestions are comprehensive, so they have many different subtests.

The Brigance, for example, is about 3" thick and has tons of subtests that can be used independently to get the desired info.
    http://www.curriculumassociates.com/products/detail.asp?title=BrigCIBSII-OH&Type=&CustId=

My math assessments are not standardized. I use the diagnostic test from the Targeted Mathematics Intervention Series, a classroom inventory I found in my LD Handbook, 100 basic math facts (one each of add, sub, mult), count by 2s, 3s, & 5s, and write the numbers from 1-100