Tennessee Teacher Applicants

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by cby1224, Apr 22, 2013.

1. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Apr 22, 2013

Where do you go to look for open job positions? I have been looking on the state website and the some of the county BOE pages, but I wasn't sure if I was missing some sites that may list open positions. Am I on the right track in job hunting?

3. alifoo

alifoo Rookie

Apr 23, 2013

Go to the website for the district(s) you are interested. The districts list jobs for their area there.

4. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Apr 24, 2013

Yes, you have to go to each individual district, such as Memphis City Schools, Shelby County Schools, etc. It can get to be a lot, for instance, I live not too far from Nashville, so I am searching in many counties, plus there are city districts, such as Franklin Special Schools, Lebanon Special Schools, Manchester City, etc. Make sure you check them every few days, I've already seen jobs posted for next year and interviews are already taking place for these positions. With the implementation of Common Core for 2013-2014, many districts want to have the summer for training for these new, as well as experienced, teachers.

5. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Apr 25, 2013

Ahh, thanks everyone. I haven't been looking at districts because I didn't realize I should be and most the areas my family and I are willing to go to are rural areas, but few are not. Thanks for the advice!

6. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Apr 27, 2013

If you need further help, please feel free to send me a private message. Some rural areas may not have many positions available due to the size of the district, while other areas that appear rural have many openings. Good luck and keep an eye out for any job fairs too, a few districts near me have already had some to put a face with the applicant's name.