ten canine commandments

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peachyness, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2011

Boy, this will show what a sensitive person I am...I teared up just reading that because I know so many people personally who don't abide by any of those basic commandments. :(

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2011

I was a wreck when I finished reading it, but then again I've been a wreck since I lost my cat.

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jan 27, 2011

We have 2 dogs, they are so important to me. That sentence doesn't even come close to describing how much I love my dogs.

One is 5, the other is 3. I can work myself into a full blown panic attack if I let myself think about how awful it will be when we lose one of them.

6. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 8, 2011

My sweet doggie is 15! She is starting to slow down, shows stiffness when she walks, and is deaf, but still dances like a ballerina when I come home! Still plays tough guy with me when she wants some leftovers! Barks her head off at me and runs to the kitchen and back. What a comic! I know the day is coming, and I will be there for her. She has been such a wonderful part of our family.

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 8, 2011

Apparently they need to add an eleventh commandment: don't be a freaking moron by stuffing a puppy into a box and taking it to the post office to be shipped states away for your son's "birthday surprise" (as in, "Surprise! Here's a dead puppy!") in an unpressurized portion of a plane that will reach a temperature well into the negatives without air holes, food, or water. Have you all heard this story? I'm shocked, angry, and sad that she is truly that...I'm just going to say it: dumb.

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 8, 2011

Oh my gosh!!! What a moron! And a nut! sheesh.

9. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Feb 8, 2011

I also teared up reading the 10 commandments and then hugged my puppy. My baby is a 85lb lab mix, and I love her to pieces. :)

10. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Feb 8, 2011

I could not read all of it. Started to tear up at #1! My girl just turned 17yrs. and we are beginning to evaluate her quality of life. :(
    She does not seem to be in a lot of pain but she is having more trouble walking and starting to have accidents. I am hoping that she will make it until May when my daughter comes home from college.

11. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Feb 9, 2011

That poster used to hang in my vet's office. I clearly remembered the last commandment when we ended up having to put my dalmatian Gypsy down 2 years ago. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do-but I knew it was the right decision. She was 13 with hip dysplasia and was could barely just stand up.

It's a great reminder not only to pet owners but also for those thinking about getting a pet-it's a big commitment not just financially but emotionally as well.

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2011

It made me tear up as well. I have always been there with my dogs when they needed to be put down. I have a 3 yr old and a 10 yr old. The 10 yr old is starting to show signs of slowing down and it's really sad to think about having to put her down. :(

13. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2011

And yes, JustMe, I saw that story and thought "how stupid can a person be!".