Templates

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Kate Change, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Kate Change

Kate Change Companion

Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone have a good IEP at a glance template for a self contained kinder class?

I seem to be finding templates that focus more on modifications than listing goals and my need is really to have a clear goal list rather than modifications.

Also, I'd love to find a cheery daily report template to send home. I am using a rather dour "Daily Behavior Log". I'd like to find something that is more focused on what activities we worked on rather than focusing on the child's behavior.

Thank you all for any help! I know I should probably make these myself, but I know I saw a great IEP at a glance form, I just can't seem to find it.

3. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 29, 2010

What state? IEPs tend to differ by state, as (at least in NJ), they contain citations from the New Jersey Administrative Code.

You might want to take a look at wrightslaw's IEP page

4. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Sep 29, 2010

Are you wanting whole class or group on one form or one form per student? I designed my own for my purposes. I made a table in word at the top of the page with 3 rows. Then I left 1st row full width; split row two into 2 cells; split row 3 into 3 cells. This left me with blocks to put in personal info. Then I skipped a line and made another table with 2 columns and about 10 rows. I split each row under 2nd column into 5 rows for objectives.
    This gives me one page to look at for each student instead of flipping through 15 IEP pages. It looks something like this:

STUDENT NAME
    ADDRESS PHONE NUMBER
    PARENT DOB IEP DUE DATE

GOALS OBJECTIVES
    1. The student will be able to a) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX b) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX c) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX d) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX e) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    2. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX a) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry about the formatting. I have the goals on the left, and the objectives are lined up on the right. Hope that makes sense. I don't know how to attach a file if I even can do that. I make my own things lots of times instead of wasting my time looking for an existing one. Good luck!

5. Kate Change

Kate Change Companion

Sep 30, 2010

Thanks for the ideas. I'd like one page per student but the way you formatted it sounds perfect. I guess I am a little bit lazy and would rather "borrow" good ideas from others!

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 1, 2010

Kate, do you use an online IEP program? Mine will automagically create an IEP at a glance if I push a button.. which is pretty fantastic :)

7. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Oct 1, 2010

I'd gladly send you a blank one if I can figure it out. PM me and I'll work on it, at least give me your email & I can send it as an attachment!

8. Kate Change

Kate Change Companion

Oct 2, 2010

Thanks Karebear! I sent you a PM with my e-mail. I appreciate it.