Temperamental HP 4-in-1 Machine!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 23, 2013

:mad: My HP 4-in-1 machine w/ wireless capabilities is so temperamental. Sometimes it prints, scans, etc. & sometimes it doesn't.

This morning, I needed to print some things & it will not print even though I turned it on/off about 5 times. Everything's plugged in correcty.

Does anyone else go through this?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 23, 2013

Do you have enough ink? My all-in-one won't print anything if the magenta ink is empty (even if I'm just printing in black and white!). It's so irritating. I'm about to throw the thing out the window and get something new.

4. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2013

I am having the same trouble.

I am constantly having to remove the device and re-install to get it to work. Doesn't take long but it is a pain.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 23, 2013

I have to do that fairly often with mine as well. It is a pain, but it works every time.

6. BettyRubble

BettyRubble Rookie

Oct 23, 2013

Every now and then I have to update something on it but usually a box opens up saying so.

I don't think I'm buying an HP again. It goes through ink like crazy. We had a Kodak before that also went through ink quickly but their ink was about half the price of the HP.

7. bison

bison Habitué

Oct 23, 2013

There's a way that you can cover the sensor with electrical tape and bypass this. I did it for my mom so she could keep printing without color ink. Ink cartridges are a total scam. If you google your specific model and cover ink sensor, it should come up.

I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who is in the market for a printer goes with a Brother laser printer. I have saved SO much money in ink over the last couple of years. I have replaced the toner cartridge one time in the last two years, and it's still going strong without looking like it needs to be replaced anytime soon. I never ever have any issues with it, and the inexpensive compact scanner I bought to replace my old all-in-one is faster and just as good.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 23, 2013

Thanks guys.

Caesar753, yes, but that never stopped it from printing before.

scmom, I almost want to throw this machine out the window!

BettyRubble, you're right. The ink goes pretty fast...even the XL size that the cartriges claim to be.

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Rookie

Oct 23, 2013

I have an HP Laserjet Pro 100 multifunction. It is the worst printer I have ever owned in my life, from the day it was new. I'm ready to go all Office Space on it.

HP used to be THE name in printers. Not anymore.

10. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2013

I don't have problems with my HP
    I have the tools to take it apart and the machine knows it!

11. bros

bros Phenom

Oct 24, 2013

I've had an HP OfficeJet 6500 for a while. It's pretty good. But that's from when HP was a decent printer maker.