Tempera Paint AAARRRGGGHHHH

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Steph-ernie, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Sep 15, 2006

I'm so frustrated - I ruined a favorite shirt at work today! I was distributing tempera paint to my class for their art project, and we were running low on black. I shook the bottle to try to get some more out, and black paint splattered onto the front of my pink shirt! I wiped it with a wet paper towel and then a shout wipe, which only spread it around. When I got home, I took off the shirt and tried to get it out in the sink, and I'm pretty sure it's completely ruined. I loved that shirt!! Anyone have any bright ideas on getting tempera paint out? AAARRRGGGHHHH!

3. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 15, 2006

If you add a drop of dish soap to the paint it will prevent a stain from setting should you splatter. Sorry to hear about your shirt........I hate it when I ruin my clothes at work! UGH!

4. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Sep 15, 2006

I have taken garments to the dry cleaners and they have saved the day for me. My cleaners tell me if they can or it is a lost cause.

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 15, 2006

black tempra on a pink shirt doesn't sound good to me...sorry, I've had it happen to me, too...

6. Xtine

Xtine Companion

Sep 16, 2006

I have recently started using Rit Stain Remover on tempera paint splatters, and it's worked great for me so far!

7. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Sep 16, 2006

Try 'Simple Green." It has gotten out ink stains that have gone through the dryer for me. I bet it will help your shirt too!

8. Mizz Lucy

Mizz Lucy Guest

Sep 16, 2006

Zout!
    I keep a bottle at school.

9. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Sep 16, 2006

Thanks for the suggestions. It does look a little more faded this morning, after soaking it in the sink and then laying it out to dry overnight. It's still going to need a miracle though I think.

10. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Sep 17, 2006

The new Tide pen works miracles... Yes I got green tempera paint on my favorite pants. Thank goodness I had one at school. It was a lifesaver!!! Try keeping one of those at school. I have never really had much success with the shout wipes, besides living a ring.