Tell my your teaching philosophy

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by wldywall, Jul 17, 2014.

1. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 17, 2014

Tell me your teaching philosophy question

Grr, I hate that question, so to help me form a response before my interview next week, could you give me the names of some philosophies you all use and a brief response to the question? I am never sure if they want me to name drop or explain how I teach......:eek:

I am sure others could use it as well.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. joeboo22

joeboo22 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014

All students can learn? IDK, I drove 8 hours to an interview, was killing it and then was asked that question, literally froze, and then stuttered and then said dammit; I didn't get the job.

This spring I had a conversation with other teachers and an academic coach. And we discussed the question. He does a bunch of interviews and its on the set list of questions to ask. He said he doesn't really care about what the answers are but wants more of a student view then a teacher view. More the class can do this then, I can do this type of thing. But its a b.s. question in my opinion

4. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Jul 18, 2014

I basically stress the fact that I always try to incorporate differentiated learning into my lessons, as well as hands-on activities. I mention that I am a fan of inquiry based learning and small group instruction. It's a tough question because you don't really know what they are looking for, but I try to be honest about how I would run my classroom.