Tell me about your lesson plan book?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by ~Nicole, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Jul 3, 2007

Does your district provide you with one?
    Do you do it on your computer?
    Did you buy one? What special feature does it have that you like?

I really like the plan book I used for student teaching but I can't find another like it. It was carson dellosa and was black with a red apple on it. Carson dellosa makes the matching grade book but I can't find the plan book anywhere. I liked that it was really simple and just had a table format (w/o lines) to write in.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2007

We're given one, but I never use the school's. I buy the same one every year at LL Weans. It's a combination plan/grade book... grades in the front, plan book in the back.

It has enough grade lines for our large classes, enough pages that I can do separate ones each trimester for tests & quizzes, even if I pick up an extra class. (Not enough for this year's extra 5, but what do you expect? :) )

It's made by Continental Press, ISBN# 0-8454-4010-1

4. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 3, 2007

My district provides one but we are not required to use it. I make my own weekly lesson plan outline on the computer. It is two pages and I keep it in a binder on my desk with all notes/ papers etc for that week behind it. I fill in the specific activities for each day but I don't have to handwrite everyday things such as calendar/ dismissal procedures. This system gives a sub plenty of information and I don't have to write detailed lesson plans if I have to be out unexpectedly (with two little ones that happens alot:( ) The front part of the binder has sub section with a class roster/ dismissal list/ schedule/etc. This works for me because it's a lesson plan book and sub folder all in one.

5. Lilu0819

Lilu0819 Companion

Jul 3, 2007

Our district provides one, but I never use it.

I use a binder with my own plan book that I created in Microsoft Word. I like that I have each subject area already typed in and all I have to do is write out the plans. I divide it up very similarly to the way Eliza has hers.

6. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Jul 3, 2007

7. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Jul 3, 2007

yeah! We use power school (which I love) for grades so this is all I need!

8. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 3, 2007

My school does not give us a plan book, instead we submit our lesson plans electronically. Some teachers use word, some excel. I thought I would hate it, but I love it! I don't have to write in the weekly things, I have a template for each day. I do alot of cutting and pasting.

9. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2007

I type mine out in a template, and use a 3 ring binder to store them in on my desk :)

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2007

I think I found the plan book for you:

http://www.abcteacher.com/catalog/cd-gbpb.shtml

11. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 3, 2007

Alice, I'm on their site trying to find the book you are talking about, but not having any luck. Can you tell me the name of the book, or a link to it? Thanks!

12. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2007

Same for us. I really enjoy not having to fill in those teeny boxes in the old school style gradebooks and planning books. Plus it's much easier to cut and paste my weekly plans--we tend to do the same sorts of activities on a biweekly cycle, so why spend all my time coping that stuff down by hand?

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2007

We fill out our plans on paper templates, but there are also computer copies. I write mine on the computer. The school also provides daily lesson plan books--with the boxes for each class--for those of us who just need a place to keep track of things during the day. I teach five sections of the exact same class, and nobody is ever in exactly the same spot day to day.

14. Dill

Dill Rookie

Jul 4, 2007

I just create a table in Word and print it out when needed.

Next year, our school will be using OnCourse - an online planner. It looks fabulous. It's very straight forward, provides direct links to the standards. It also checks off each standard so we can check and see what has not been taught yet. We can also share with other teachers - once given permission, we can access their planbooks and copy a lesson to paste into our plans. Finally, we can access last year's plans easily to copy and paste. Can you tell I'm excited about this?

15. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 4, 2007

I'm an aide but I'm wanting to write down what we do so I can refer back to it, help my teacher remember what we did, better my website and have something to reference when I have my own classroom. I bought the "Ultimate Teacher's Plan Book" from Mailbox Magazines. It was at the teacher store here. I have to warn you...it is HUGE. I'm gonna guess it is 2 ft long when laying out flat.

For each week there are 12 columns. Each box in the 12 columns in each row (days of the week) has 6 lines to write in and is 1.5-2in wide. It comes with a small area to write who is absent and things to remember. Each week comes with a large notes section and two journal prompts.

In the beginning it has other forms. Many are meant to be reproducible and many are found online (though I haven't looked). You can register your book and enter in your information online to print and keep reusing.

The forms include:
    Student Info
    Birthdays
    Weekly schedule
    Room arrangement planner grid
    Class class lists
    Clip art
    Newsletter format
    Parent Communication form
    Incentives Token and Coupons
    Weekly Progress Report form
    Notes to Parents Form

It also includes Holidays, Special Events and Special Days for the year, Year at a Glance section for curriculum mapping, monthly planning calendars, and more notes section at the back.

Maybe you'll never use half of this, but I bought it because it was big, had a notes section each week and journal prompts. Now that I wrote this, I want to look at the online selection!

16. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 4, 2007

I am the queen of cutting and pasting lesson plans. My first year I started out writing them, but decided it was too time consuming. I use a template that I have saved in Word. I normally just pull the same week the year before, and cut and paste.

17. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 4, 2007

I do things different each year, so I can't pull from the previous year, although that is a possibility with how we save our plans.

18. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 4, 2007

I do different things as well, however, nothing is drastically different that I cannot delete and add. I teach at a Reading First school so a lot of what we do in reading is scripted. The objectives and essential questions will usually stay the same.

19. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2007

Christy,

That's bizarre. I'm holding it right in front of me.

It's called "continental Class Record and Teacher's Plan book" From LLWeans (toll free # 877- 347-1564) Last summer it cost $11.25. It's published by Continental Press Inc of Elizabethtown PA 17022 and the ISBN is 0-8454-4010-1

Would you consider calling them?

20. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 5, 2007

I copied the information, Alice and will get in touch with them. Thanks!

21. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2007

You're welcome. It never occured to me that it might not be available online.

22. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Jul 5, 2007

We don't have to submit lesson plans! Instead, we have to give our principal a semi-weekly reflection from a lesson. however, my team and I do block plans in a word document. Each one of us puts theirs in (I do science, someone does lang. arts, math, health, etc) and then email it to the rest....we cut and paste and it's done.

23. phoebe611

phoebe611 Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

We have a district wide computer system and have to submit them electronically. Sometimes it's such a pain because you can't do them at home. On the other hand, maybe that's a GOOD thing! :)

24. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 5, 2007

I have a template I created, and do a plan for each day. The things that stay the same, stay the same, and I overtype the things that change. I submit them electronically, then print out a hard copy and put them in a binder.

25. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

I created my own template on the computer and type my lessons up every week. Then I hole punch my lessons and store them in a binder. I don't like the standard lesson plan books that you can buy from the local teacher store because the boxes are never big enough.

26. meridian

meridian Rookie

Jul 21, 2007

Are your templates 1 page=1 subject or do you have your whole day on one page?

I'm one who likes to see the whole day (and week if possible), but can never find something that works.

27. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

My whole day is on one page. I've also set my lesson plans up where two pages will show the entire week.

28. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Jul 21, 2007

I created a template for myself this year. Usually, I would buy one from the teacher supply store and have to fill out the weekly things that were the same. So time consuming. I hope the template works. We are adopting Everyday Math this year and I don't want to miss anything. Not knowing exactly what to put in everyday.

29. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Jul 22, 2007

We have a lesson plan form we use at our school. We write the objectives we use that week and everything we are doing that week. We place them in a binder for a yearly lesson plan to have for the next year. We also have to make a copy for the office. We can build on the lesson from the year before so it isnt so much work...

30. Esperanza

Esperanza Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Does anyone have a copy of a good template (for microsoft word) that you use for weekly plans?