Technology resources for flipped classroom

Discussion in 'General Education' started by novalyne, Aug 22, 2012.

1. novalyne

novalyne Rookie

Aug 22, 2012

My teaching partner and I want are going to try and flip our science classrooms this year. Best of all, my principal is on board with the idea - yay!

I feel like I have a good understanding of how it all works, and how we will implement it. Where I'm still struggling is figuring out how we're going to actually produce the videos.

Can anyone offer some suggestions of technology that they use to make their presentations? I'm envisioning the possibilities of video demonstrations, presentations with annotations and voiceover, etc., but I'm still not sure how I'm going to put it all together. I've never done this before and I'm just not sure where to start!

We have laptops with webcams, interactive whiteboards at school, access to video cameras and MAYBE access to iPads. What are my options with these devices?

Thanks!

3. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2012

The latest version of Powerpoint (2010 currently) can export any Powerpoint show as a video. You can easily record narrations as well.

Some other tools I like for such things are:
    Voicethread
    Xtranormal
    Any multi-track video editor

You will likely also be surprised how much of this stuff already exists out there. Spend some serious time searching Youtube and you'll find much of your work done for you I imagine.

4. perplexed

perplexed Comrade

Aug 23, 2012

iPads actually have a lot of apps that would work well for a flipped classroom. I would love to have a flipped classroom, but there is a lack of technology at the moment. Educreations and Show Me are good apps.