Technology Question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by treysmom, Nov 7, 2012.

1. treysmom

treysmom Comrade

Nov 7, 2012

I am on a committee to look at possible technology purchases. We have some of the basics-TV's, laptops, projectors, document cameras, (some) smartboards & airliners. Most of the teachers have an ipad. The upper grades use ipods and Kindles. I recently got another ipad that I plan to have my students use. Would anyone be willing to share what technology they have or would like to have? We have mentioned class sets/ipad carts, but would really be interested in ideas for technology to be placed in some classrooms rather than have a "shared" resource. Our committee consists of one teacher from each grade (K-5), so we would be interested in technology for any of those grades. We are not sure of the exact amount of money we will have to spend; right now we are in the exploration stage. Thank You!

3. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Nov 7, 2012

You have lots!
    I have one computer, the computer lab, a Smartboard, and a document camera. Most just have an overhead projector, one computer and the lab.

We have one scanner, digital camera, and video recorder for the whole school to share.

4. bros

bros Phenom

Nov 8, 2012

You have a lot.

My local district has a SMART Board in some classrooms, whiteboards in some (most still have chalkboards), 2 computers per class in the elementary grades (5 in resource room/self contained), the computer lab, and a cart of 8 year old laptops for the school to share.

What about trying some things out i.e. play around with multiple tablets and see what might be best.

Like an Android tablet might be better for the younger grades (and cheaper) and with a keyboard dock, you could reinforce typing skills.

I think the important thing would be what purpose do you want the technology to serve.

5. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Nov 8, 2012

SMART Response systems ("clickers"). These are great, and I use them nearly every day. I love them, but I think the students love them even more.

6. cateste

cateste Companion

Nov 9, 2012

More interactive boards!