Technology and differentiation

Discussion in 'General Education' started by kjwestfall, Sep 8, 2014.

1. kjwestfall

kjwestfall New Member

Sep 8, 2014

Hi there! I am a college senior who is getting ready to student teach. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on using technology in the classroom to help differentiate instruction. Do you use technology in the class to help differentiate instruction? It seems like there are many options out there for students at various levels.

3. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Sep 8, 2014

There are definitely a lot of options. Students can type that have difficulty writing, you can project and enlarge text, use text reading programs like Kurzweil..

4. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Sep 9, 2014

I found Google docs wonderful for this. My students had 1:1 laptops so I could send different versions of assignments. My classes were full inclusion so they were used to everyone getting different work.

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 9, 2014

LOVE technology. There is Narrator Voice for those who need text to speech. For those who need the opposite, there is Speech Recognition (which I'm recommending to my student with arthritis). Both are standard on computers with Microsoft features. I also make videos of my assignments using Screencast-O-Matic and post them online for those who need additional support.