Team in training......

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by chicagoturtle, Aug 15, 2011.

1. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Aug 15, 2011

Anyone do it?

Considering doing it with the Disney 1/2 in January. I am a "runner" but have many on and off injuries and I am currently doing a couch to 10 k plan. I'm on week 4 of that. Longest distance I've done is a 10 mile race which included an 11 mile training run about a few years ago.

Worried about the fundraising aspect. I believe it is about 3,600.

I guess I missed the informational sessions early this week. Though I never would have guessed that the training started this far out- perhaps that is for the full. I think I'll email for some more information.

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2011

I didn't but many friends have....I think the fund-raising is just too much, I hate asking people for money!

I did sign up for my 1st 1/2....Oct. 2nd and I am wayyy behind in my training :/

Good Luck!

4. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Aug 15, 2011

Yeah- I think the money might be a turn off for me too. We'll see.

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 17, 2011

Hey, Chicago! I JUST posted about the Disney 1/2.

Funny that you posted about that race AND raising money for a race. We just had St. Jude's come and talk to us today at work. Our company is sponsoring a corporate team for the race, paying our entrance if we raise money. It's a half marathon, and there's a solid group of us that are going to do it. I'm going to fundraise with a friend. She's in charge of planning 'bar nights'-I have no idea about these, but I guess you get a cut of the drink money they bring in or something. I'm in charge of planning a few dinner parties, clothing swaps and movie nights that guests can donate at. Our goal is much lower-I think we'd like to bring in about $500 between the two of us. But then we only have until November 5th. There are a ton of great fundraising ideas on the web, but to be honest-I'm only doing this because my office is helping to organize it. If I'm going to support a cause, I think I would do it outside of a race. Training physically is enough of a battle. I don't think I'd want the financial stress on top of it.

That said, you should totally do the Disney half-we can meet up before or afterwards!