Team gifts... they're done

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Jasztal, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 10, 2008

New team leader checking in again to ramble on about the team. :blush:

I decorated binders for each teacher, gave each one a Crayola marker that's from the Total Tools sale at Big Lots, and prepared a small bag of Lego candy for "constructive learning". Yet the binders are really nice (with all kinds of teacher stickers on them) and have dividers in them with all kinds of resources for the beginning of the year. :cool:

So I'm through with this feat, also... and I made name tags for all the students who lost theirs last year, so I've done a lot.

Who else has gifts ready, and what did you prepare/give in the long run?

Lego Candy:
    [​IMG]

3. MissHunny

MissHunny Comrade

Aug 10, 2008

I made team gifts (and gifts for 4 other close teacher friends). I got really cute, trendy note cards at the Target $1 section, and fancy pens in the back to school section (came in a pack of 10, all different colors). The note cards were in plastic, but also wrapped in a bow. I took off the plastic and slipped a pen under the bows and attach a note that read :

A cool pan and fancy note cards for a teacher as cool and fancy as you. Here's to a great year in second grade together. I <3 my team! Love, Danielle.

I plan on slipping them in their mail boxes bf school starts. Cute, useful, and under $1.50 each.

4. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2008

I found some sort of quote about the power of the pencil, and bought everyone pencils that say "Kindergarteners are number 1" or something like that. And a pencil-shaped notepad. I also got some for my kids' new teachers this year.

I do like the Lego candy...where did you find that? Hmmm.... Maybe I'll add that.
    Kim

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 11, 2008

I didn't buy a gift for any of my coworkers (thought I might) but I did just find lego fruit snacks (made by Kellogs.) I am going to give them to the kids sometime for some reason (I'll have to think of why.) Maybe for the first snack after we go swimming, or as a treat before Thanksgiving break-- though that's a long time away!! My students are such lego-freaks I had to get them. Plus I know most won't have had them before because they all shop at the co-op or Whole Foods!! (They will think Kellogs fruit snacks are candy!)