Team Building Activities

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by EiffelTower, Jul 29, 2014.

1. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 29, 2014

Does anyone have any good suggestions for activities for the first week of school to build classroom community?

3. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Jul 30, 2014

My students enjoyed Save Fred.(google it) There are also many Kagan structures/activities that work well.

4. PalmettoTeacher

PalmettoTeacher Rookie

Jul 30, 2014

I usually do some type of glyph to get to know my students. I also purchase the small blank puzzles from Trend. They are nine pieces each. I have them create a puzzle about them with at least three pictures that are important to them and three words that describe them. We take turns putting the different puzzles together to learn more about our classmates. I also am going to try a Get to Know You Bingo this year. I have different colored number cubes. Students will choose a color and roll it. Depending on the color of cube rolled and the number it landed on, they have to tell something about themselves. I have four different colors. I have them build a 48 or 100 piece puzzle to instill group work strategies.
    I also might try the human pretzel. Have half the class stand in a circle and grab a right hand. Then have them grab a left hand, but it cannot be the same person. The other group will have to figure out how to get them back to a circle.
    I also agree with the Save Fred activity and the Kagan activities.

5. LiterallyLisa

LiterallyLisa Companion

Jul 30, 2014