Teachside for finding school?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by gamsufa, Nov 14, 2019.

1. gamsufa

gamsufa New Member

Nov 14, 2019

Hello everyone.

Did anyone use Teachsde (teachside com)?

They claim to find you a "perfect" school within hours from a curated school list. Sounds too good to be true.

Looking for anyone that had any experience with them?

3. gamsufa

gamsufa New Member

Nov 14, 2019

Sorry, forgot to add link: teachside com

4. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Nov 15, 2019

Gamsufa,
    I have never heard of teachside.com so I did a quick look. I noticed that they have no way to contact them, no street address, and no contact phone number. It is also a new website -- all of those things make me suspicious. I also noted that they have only one testimonial, and it only lists the person by first name and last initial, and the vague "science teacher." No city or province/state, or country, or grade level is listed. Again, this makes me suspicious.

So I dug a little deeper. The website was created on 10/31/2019 in Toronto Canada. It was made from the following servers: anna.ns.cloudflare.com and peyton.ns.cloudflare.com . It is registered through Google LLC. Their listed address and phone are: 96 Mowat Ave, Toronto, ON M4K 3K1, Phone: +1.4165385487

The fact that they have no contact information on their site, that they have only one vague testimonial, no physical address or phone listed, not even an email address, and they don't even mention what country they are in, all makes me very leery.

MrTempest likes this.
  5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Nov 15, 2019

I also noted that when I enlarged the photo of the teacher in the testimonial, his name tag didn't look like it was written in English. I could be wrong, because of the blurriness.

The website mentions amounts in $, but it doesn't say whether that is US dollars or Canadian dollars.

I also read this part in the section for schools who are searching for teachers: " Browse a set of fully vetted, licensed candidates. All teachers are screened for over 40 specialties, education, experience, malpractice records and valid certifications." The words malpractice records made me wonder -- what country is this? The US doesn't have teacher malpractice records? No such thing exists.

Wait a second!!!!!!!! I just found it! In the Terms of Service section (the tiny print at the bottom of the page. I clicked on it and read it, and this part caught my attention: "These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Lithuania and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location."

Maybe you already knew it was from Lithuania, but I sure didn't know. Do they have zip codes in Lithuania? I thought the rest of the English speaking world used the words Postal Code. And is Lithuania even an English speaking country? I didn't think it was.

I have to ask -- why is this website out of Canada if it is subject to Lithuanian laws?

VERY SUSPECT!!!!!!!!!!!

(Can you tell I like to solve mysteries?)

MrTempest and Tired Teacher like this.