Teaching Two Classes

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TeacherGrl7, Aug 5, 2007.

1. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Aug 5, 2007

Last year I taught one class of 18 Pre-Kers. This year I will have a morning and an afternoon class. Each class will have 18 kids. Is there anything I need to keep in mind having 2 classes sharing the room? I've thought of things like nameplates (still don't know what I will do) cubby tags etc. But I can't think of anything else that I really need to do differently from last year. I know I'm overlooking things!

3. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 5, 2007

A lot of half day kinder teachers will assign each class a color. For example, name plates, cubbie tags, etc for the morning could be in red, and for the afternoon could be in blue. This wil help you be organized. Name plates of both students go on the desk/table.

4. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 5, 2007

In my room, I have two classes and I write each child's number (1-18 or whatever) in front of their name and they do not get confused. Their cubby is labeled with a number and that way I don't have to worry about the AM, PM thing.
    everything else is color coded including my files (red is AM and blue is PM.)

5. KRaeLamb

KRaeLamb Rookie

Aug 5, 2007

I was in the PM class in kidergarten. Our teacher did the "Right/Left" thing. The "Right" side of the desk had the AM kids, the "Left" the PM. Same for lockers and cubbies. I always knew where to look. She might have used colors too...I can't remember.
    It's weird the things we can remember....especially when I can't seem to remember where I put my keys. :p