Teaching scenario question (from my observations today)

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Charlie Trahan, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Charlie Trahan

Charlie Trahan Rookie

Sep 19, 2019

So today I did observations in a middle school today and one thing caught my attention and I would like some advice. In a science class, 7th grade, a lot of technology was implemented. One thing used was a system that was like a game that also involved learning. The students could freeze each other and the students created the questions in the class to test their peers. In this software the teacher can also create questions. The teacher told me a few students had "restricted technology" because they did not use their chrome books in a proper manner and logged onto sites they were not supposed to be on. This technology is used daily. So these students missed out on the games and quizzes and basically couldn't participate the last 20 minutes. This game was an overview of everything that was gone over that day. In this situation what could you do? My thinking was printing off interactive quizzes, activities etc. over-viewing the materials. It's not the most fun thing to do (but the technology was taken for a reason) but at least they get the over view. This class also had a lot of SPED students if that helps.

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 19, 2019

I agree with the teacher's tough love policy...you do the crime, you pay the time.
    These students need to learn boundaries right from the start...and now they learn the consequences of their actions.
    They will now be responsible for reviewing the material on their own...too bad.

4. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Sep 20, 2019

:yeahthat:

Charlie Trahan likes this.
  5. Charlie Trahan

Charlie Trahan Rookie

Sep 20, 2019

Thank you guys! Helpful as always. Im doing observations today too and can't wait to learn more.

futuremathsprof likes this.