Teaching Position

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Moonshine123, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Moonshine123

Moonshine123 Rookie

Aug 2, 2019

Hey all,

I recently was interviewed for a special education teacher position at a really good school. Apparently the principal of the school I sub at recommended me to the school. The school then called me to come in for an interview. What I was wondering is how likely would someone be to get hired if a principal recommends you themselves for a position? The school told me they are still interviewing until the end of next week.

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Aug 2, 2019

The principal opened a door for you, now it is your turn to do the rest. Go in there and shine!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 2, 2019

The principal recommendation certainly won't hurt!

5. Moonshine123

Moonshine123 Rookie

Aug 2, 2019

I actually already went to the interview and felt pretty good about it. This was actually the school that I did student teaching at as well. And one of the teachers interviewing me was the one I actually worked with.

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 3, 2019

I had a very similar experience once. I lost my job due to a decline in numbers so the P recommended me to another school. At the end of the interview the P told me which jobs were open at the school and asked which one I would like. The rest was history.
    Good luck!