Teaching Nightmares

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Peregrin5, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Aug 7, 2014

Had my first teaching nightmare this summer and I don't go back for 2 weeks!

It always starts out the same: I get there really late on the first day of school, principal waiting, have nothing planned or ready.

This time there was the added element of "Hey, you're switching classrooms, btw." and then having none of my materials in that classroom so I'm doubly screwed.

And then for some reason 200 times more kids than our school can even hold legally according to the fire marshall.

3. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Aug 7, 2014

:)

4. lilia123

lilia123 Companion

Aug 7, 2014

Mine is always the same too. I come to school one morning all happy and suddenly I realize I hadn't been teaching one of my classes, usually a math class, the entire semester. This is especially weird because I teach elementary and don't have multiple classes or semesters.

5. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 7, 2014

I always dreamed that I left my lesson plans at home, or forgot to make them....then the class descended into chaos because I couldn't come up with something on the fly.

6. live

live Companion

Aug 7, 2014

I always get them in August too. This year's dreams have been especially weird...

For example: I was standing on a (non-existent) tire swing in the middle of my classroom. The kids were pushing and twirling me viciously. I was crying hysterically and yelling, "I can't do this anymore!!"

Waiting for the normal ones to kick in...

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2014

Mine always involve not being able to find my classroom.

8. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Aug 8, 2014

I feel horrible about laughing because it probably wasn't fun during the dream, but...

:lol:

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 14, 2014

I knew I had to share this one as soon as I woke up! I don't remember all of the details, but for some reason I went to school wearing Wonder Woman underwear over my pants. But hey, I was wearing pants! :lol:

10. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 14, 2014

I always dream that I can't get the class to quiet down and eventually I stomp my foot and start yelling.

This summer I had a dream that I was co-teaching and my teaching partner decided to let the kids have extra recess time instead of bringing them in for my ELA lesson.

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2014

Which is more than I can say for my nightmares!! I always, always dream that I arrive to school naked. No one notices and treats me just like they would if I were clothed, but I know I'm naked and just want to scream at them.

12. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Aug 14, 2014

All of my teaching nightmares happen between 7:50 am and 3:10 pm.

13. El sol

El sol Rookie

Aug 14, 2014

Zing! :lol:

14. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Aug 14, 2014

I had one the other night that as I was teaching all of my teeth were crumbling and falling out of my mouth!

15. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Aug 14, 2014

Once I had a dream where I forgot to wear a bra to school, and I was begging my coworker to give me her jacket to wear so it would be less noticeable!

16. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Aug 27, 2014

Okay, I had a pretty bad one last night. The kids didn't come in quietly, and so I was asking a few to step outside so we could practice, but then I kept having to ask more and more until the class was chaos and I tried to have the whole class practice. Then they all scattered around the school into other classrooms and everywhere on campus and I couldn't find them all. Then for some reason one of our halls was a creepy abandoned hallway that was more like a maze and I really didn't want to explore it. A man in a mouse costume showed me how to get out.

When I woke up I was definitely dreading today thinking that my dreams might come true.

17. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 27, 2014

I had one last night. A student's parents came in, irate, that I'd separated their identical twins by putting them in different classes for the year. The dad was quite mean (totally out of character for these parents!).

18. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Sep 13, 2014

I had a dream the other night that President Obama was coming in to do an observation on my class. I was freaking out about what my lesson was going to be because it needed to be awesome enough to impress the president.

That was not fun.

19. bora

bora Rookie

Sep 13, 2014

In my dreams I am always late, or even worse is the end of the school day. Have a hard time dressing up. Can't find any of my clothes...

20. willow129

willow129 Comrade

Sep 13, 2014

LOLing so much right now