Teaching Jobs Website?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Acamp, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Acamp

Acamp Rookie

Sep 14, 2019

Hello!
    Which websites do you use for available teaching jobs (besides looking at each district individually)? I live in NJ and all I know of is NJSCHOOLJOBS. They used to have NJHIRE but that link doesn’t seem to be working anymore.

Any others I’m missing? Thanks all.

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

4. Acamp

Acamp Rookie

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Sep 14, 2019

Have you checked with the NJ DOE to make sure that they will accept the work from the program you are taking? They are pretty specific in what they are looking for. I actually just got an email from TCNJ that they have a few slots for the required 5 courses for $800 per course. You end up with 15 grad credits there for a total of $4000, which includes books and I believe testing fees. https://mailchi.mp/d93b0efd8385/grant-funded-eslbilingual-certification-spots-available?e=702312fbfd

You don't need a master's to teach ESL in NJ.

6. Acamp

Acamp Rookie

Sep 14, 2019

Thanks for that link!

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Sep 14, 2019

If a school knows what they are doing when teaching you through a master's, they should be confident enough in your education that they assume you will be able to pass a required Praxis exam, but earning their master's shouldn't require you to pass the Praxis exam. I would shy away from a university that required the Praxis for you to be granted your degree, but hey, I've just got a lot of degrees and certifications from multiple universities, and they always assumed that their degrees would hold up under testing if necessary, but the testing they cared about happened as you took their courses. What university requires this passing the Praxis that you don't need in NJ?

8. Acamp

Acamp Rookie

Sep 14, 2019

WGU requires it - probably because the state they are out of requires it. And yes, thankfully NJ DOE does accept it.

9. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

10. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Sep 15, 2019

I use indeed because they seem to have the biggest compilation (other than looking at each district and private schools websites)

futuremathsprof likes this.