teaching in florida??

Discussion in 'General Education' started by leannwade, Jan 24, 2010.

1. leannwade

leannwade Rookie

Jan 24, 2010

I am currently teaching in GA, but I am considering the move to Orlando. I would have to take the FL certification test before teaching in schools, but does anyone know about Headstart or Pre-K programs? I have emailed several places, but my emails keep coming back. Any help would be great!

3. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Jan 24, 2010

I am not all that familiar with Headstart or Pre-K programs but I did find links through the FLDOE. The first one I got when searching for Headstart. I am hoping it helps...

http://www.fldoe.org/earlylearning/

This one is just the FLDOE Certification link. I'm not too sure but, I believe you may just need to take the certification exam for the subject matter you want to teach. They do have one for Preschool.
    http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/

I hope these links help.

-Christina

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 24, 2010

I know Pinellas County has an award winning preK program! Try e-mailing the director of that. It should be on their website.

5. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Jan 24, 2010

Some districts will hire you, then you have a certain amount of time to pass the test. They give them fairly frequently. I don't know about Headstart, but pre-k is something that most districts offer. A friend was hired for this year, in August 09, and just recently passed the exam. Good luck!

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 24, 2010

I worked for HS in Oregon. Our program was always needing qualified teachers. But, you had to have about 12 hours of ECE to qualify.

7. leannwade

leannwade Rookie

Jan 24, 2010

thanks!

Thanks to the responses. I am Georgia certified in ECE, SPED with a reading and gifted endorsement on my cert. Is it difficult to find a teaching position in Orlando?!

8. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Jan 24, 2010

Go to teachinflorida website. Also, check both Orange and Osceola counties. They needed ESE teachers last time I looked.