Teaching gifted students

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tiki7719, Aug 20, 2010.

1. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Aug 20, 2010

I was wondering if there is anyone who teaches gifted learners who can answer a few of my questions. I will be starting my Masters in Special Education, but thinking about switching to the Gifted and Talented Students program. Thank you :)

3. Ms. Kimba

Ms. Kimba Rookie

Aug 20, 2010

I will be teaching the Gifted and Talented second grade class this year and I am in the process of getting my G and T certification. Kind of new to it myself, but I could try to help you out.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2010

I teach a class of gifted and talented students as well. I also teach students with special needs in a different class...

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 20, 2010

I would be glad to help you. I teach a GT class-I read a lot on the topic, it's a passion of mine. :)

6. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Aug 20, 2010

I have my MA in gifted, so feel free to toss any questions my way!

7. idahomom

idahomom Companion

Aug 20, 2010

I am just a couple classes away from my endorsement in G/T education. I taught in our districts "G/T" program 2 years ago and worked with a 5th grade class of G/T kids as an aide last year. I would be happy to help out. :)

8. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 20, 2010

There's so many things to share! I teach G/T/Advanced as well. :)

9. jd019

jd019 Companion

Aug 21, 2010

I wish there was a gifted board! It would be great to share ideas in a common place. I'm third grade gifted.

10. holliday

holliday Comrade

Aug 21, 2010

I teach 6th grade gifted (we don't have G/T in New Mexico - just gifted). Anyway, this is my first year at it, so I'd also love to hear from others with more experience. So far, the kids have been terrific (we've had 3 days of school). :)
    What is baffling in NM is that we only offer gifted services through lang/lit but kids may test in with high math or whatever. So even though my students may be gifted, they may NOT show giftedness in my content, but I'm required to meet their gifted needs through my content. Should be interesting!

11. cminor7

cminor7 Rookie

Aug 21, 2010

This is my 7th year teaching, and I am teaching a 3rd grade GT class. It is very interesting and fun. The students are very inquisitive and love learning new things. If there is anyone that would like to be pen pals, I would love that. Also, if anyone has any cool ideas to share (projects, online resources, etc.), please do.