Teaching Brochure!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by RedStripey, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RedStripey

RedStripey Comrade

Apr 26, 2013

Hello all!

I attended my first job fair at my university today. I got the idea to make a teaching brochure from the forums here and a lot of the districts were impressed by it. Plus I was the only one who had something like that out of all the other students attending :D

So I just wanted to thank AtoZ Teacher Stuff for being such a great resource and to possibly encourage others to give yourself an extra push when you go to a job fair, interview, etc.

3. massteacher

massteacher Companion

Apr 26, 2013

That's great! Any chance you would want to share or tell me what types of stuff you added? I'd like stand out of the crowd as well!

4. RedStripey

RedStripey Comrade

Apr 26, 2013

Thanks! I included a cover page with a photo and my name/cert. area, an "about me" section, a summarized version of my teaching philosophy, education/certification and skills, a quote from my only recommendation letter so far (i plan to add more when i receive my other two next week!), brief examples of my lessons, and the back page had some quotes i like about teaching and my contact info :)

Best of luck to you! I doubt this helped me get a job since this job fair kind of sucked for me..I'm a K-5 candidate and it's virtually impossible to get an elementary job in New Jersey but the districts that I did talk to were really impressed that I took the extra time to make something like this! Plus I didn't have to lug around my portfolio lol.