I have been reading some things about this topic online and wanted to hear from my colleagues on this topic. Question: If you were to handpick the best teachers by grade/subject area (how to do that is another topic) and had them teach their methods to others, would the trainees be able to replicate the success in the classroom? (great teachers are made, not born) Or is their other, perhaps intangible, factors that really cannot be passed on to others? (i.e great teachers are born, not made). Just curious as to others opinions on this topic. TIA for any feedback.I am sure people will want to argue for both so in that case, i would like to have a weighted response as to which factor you think is more important..for example, someone might say that with adequate training anyone can become a great teacher so 90% of teaching is science (can be replicated) and the remaining 10% is inherent interpersonal, planning, social, etc. skills. This is, of course, not a scientific study. just curious as to what others think. I am sure we have all seen and observed teachers at all levels of effectiveness.