Teachers with a second job as a personal trainer?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by bizzbeth125, Mar 9, 2014.

1. bizzbeth125

bizzbeth125 Rookie

Mar 9, 2014

Hi all!!

I know a lot of us work multiple jobs. I teach 4th M-F and tutor on the weekends and am a consultant for Scentsy. Now, I'm interested in getting certified as a personal trainer. Just wondering if anyone else has found a way to balance teacher and personal training.

Thanks!

3. RadiantBerg

RadiantBerg Cohort

Mar 9, 2014

No

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 9, 2014

Nice! You sound like me...always having a few different things going on at once. :thumb:

I never thought of being a PT myself, but I've had one before at the gym I belong to. Sure, go for it! That's combining many great aspects: Getting paid to help others, stay in shape, & have fun.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 9, 2014

A friend of mine is a certified spinning coach. It's hard for her to get in a gym to schedule classes...slots tend to be filled by the regular, full time instructors. Personal training seems more flexible...you could do at your or clients' homes.

6. bizzbeth125

bizzbeth125 Rookie

Mar 9, 2014

Glad there are other crazies out there Ms. I :)
    Thanks for the encouragement czacza!!

I always like to have something going on to keep me busy during summer and breaks so I was thinking personal training would fit the spot. Plus I love staying fit and helping and encouraging others to do the same. One of my students is currently battling some weight related health issues so I've started "fit club" during my recess and lunch duties where I lead fitness fun and yoga. Hoping a certification will help me move more into the fitness community during off hours.

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Mar 9, 2014

I used to teach classes at the gym during college and I taught Turbo Kick classes at a different gym during one of my first few years of teaching. It was on a military base though and I didn't get paid anything-it was volunteer only.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 9, 2014

Bizz...I was just thinking might be good to get it before summer, so you could get a position..you never know if you were somewhere where late classes could be conducted it may work into fall!!!
    My friend just got hers but not a teacher.. LOL!

9. bizzbeth125

bizzbeth125 Rookie

Mar 9, 2014

Good thinking Diznee! Getting married this summer and teaching summer school but I'll still have a ton of time!!