Teachers w/ websites - parent links?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mstnteacherlady, Jul 20, 2010.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 20, 2010

I was having a discussion with a parent recently, and she said that she wished I had more links for parents on the class website. What types of sites would you link for parents? There are many brochures that I share throughout the year, and we discuss sites to help with reading and math skills. Anyone have suggestions of good sites to link for parents? Thanks in advance!

3. LetsDoSomeMath

LetsDoSomeMath Rookie

Jul 20, 2010

Any website that they can visit to help their child with their homework that covers what you taught.

For math-- one of my favorites is www.purplemath.com so I will link there There are a ton of math websites that students and parents can visit to help them.

4. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Jul 20, 2010

Anything that helps the parents help their child with his/her homework would be nice. I also provide a link to the district's core curriculum and info on the state assessments. I just made a google page.

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 20, 2010

6. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 20, 2010

7. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 20, 2010

Post links to textbooks. I know our new math series and our social studies series have online textbooks.

8. BCPMWK

BCPMWK Companion

Jul 21, 2010

You may consider adding a page/link/button that is simply student/parent. This would allow students and parents to begin in one place from your site.

9. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jul 21, 2010

I have a link to our school website, our county board website, and the state board site. I also have a link to my email address.
    I have a link to our school's AR list and lunch menus. You might also include a link to articles about what to expect in your grade, how to help a child be successful in school, etc. Over the summer I have links to the local summer series of free movies, the public library's summer reading program, local camps & parks, and local entertainment for families...

10. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 21, 2010

Thanks everyone! :) I have a separate page for parents. This page has links to websites for the school, school board, public library, homework help sites, general parenting sites, etc. I have most of the things mentioned already, which (I guess) makes me think I should have asked the parent to be more specific in the first place. I think I'll add some articles like katenar has done and add things as they come along. Thanks for the suggestions! :D