Teachers on TVLand

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Aug 17, 2018.

1. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Aug 17, 2018

Does anyone else watch this? I find it hilarious. Although I wish they'd add a disclaimer at the beginning that says: THIS IS NOT HOW TEACHERS REALLY ACT!!:dizzy:
    P.S. If bad language/innuendos offends you, don't watch it! :p

3. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Aug 17, 2018

I cannot stand that show. I think it's absolutely horrible. I was so excited when I found out it was going to start airing (this was a few year ago), and then I watched the first episode and absolutely hated it. Horrible acting, horrible screenplay - they try to be funnier than funny ad outdo the previous episode in some weird way.
    I watched a few minutes here and there out of curiosity since then, and it has just gotten worse. I was shocked to see that it's still going on, which means a lot of people like it, which was another shock to me lol.

4. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2018

Haven't seen it (don't have cable), but recently I saw that William Daniels, who played Mr. Feeny in Boy (and Girl) Meets World, took the role only after ensuring that the role wouldn't be making fun of teachers, as he had a great respect for teachers. Already loved the character and actor...that just brought it to another level!

Zelda~* likes this.
  5. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Aug 18, 2018

I like the show. I have a feeling that I am in the minority, but it is funny. While many teachers are great role models and pillars of society, there are some that are just here for the paycheck. At my school, there are several of those people.
    The show also makes some good points. It talks about the lack of respect, the low wages, and crap (rude principals, horrible parents, etc...) that some teachers have to face on a daily basis. It also had an episode that showed the difficulties (not respected, viewed simply as a warm body, etc..) of being a substitute teacher.
    In a way, I think it is good in warning prospective college students of what they might expect (not being able to live comfortably, having trouble affording a house, needing to choose between rent or food, etc..) if they choose to become teachers.