Teachers, look at this salary schedule in CA!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by futuremathsprof, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Always__Learning

Always__Learning Comrade

Dec 16, 2018

Whizkid, I actually don't think anyone is saying that. I think what people are saying is that money isn't the only factor. If you are being paid decently, like your colleagues, have a good boss that moving just for money isn't necessarily worth it.

YoungTeacherGuy and a2z like this.
  2. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Dec 16, 2018

That's up to the individual. Everyone lives their own life. Just as long as your decisions affect you.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 16, 2018

I've been w/ WF too & still am, but also didn't you hear about this?
    https://money.cnn.com/2017/08/31/investing/wells-fargo-fake-accounts/index.html

(BTW, I haven't been keeping up w/ this thread. I just scanned through it again just now.)

4. Always__Learning

Always__Learning Comrade

Dec 16, 2018

Wizkid,

Of course it is up to the individual.

I often see in education he assumption that if I change one variable, other variables won't be negatively impacted.

So, for example, say a District is considering closing a high school that has dropped to below 100 kids. Parents come out in droves to protest. The District decides to keep the school open but to do so, they have to cut electives and 50% of Grade 12 credits are now online credits. Then the parents complain that their kids services are being cut. See the issue here? People assumed that with 100 kids the school would remain the same as it was with 200. Except this can't happen. So the best choice would have been to close the school.

So FMP says all he cares about is money. However, in this thread he has said there are other things that factor in. His school sounds very different from any public school I've ever heard of. So he can say he'd do anything for money but I think he might find himself much less happy with more money. I think many people have been trying to suggest that he should think a lot about those other factors. Things like working conditions and job security.

And if none of those factors matter to him I guess I'm wondering why he hasn't started applying yet. If this is a black and white thing - money is the only thing that matters - why hasn't he started applying. Time is wasting, opportunities for wealth are ticking away every day he works in another school that pays less.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Dec 16, 2018

How do you check if a fake account has been opened in your name? I closely monitor my bank accounts and credit report and so see any suspicious activity. I’m getting concerned by all of this...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  6. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Dec 16, 2018

Yep. I’ve totally devoted to my students, but when I’m off I’m off and need me-time.