TeacherFit

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Kimmy-HS, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Kimmy-HS

Kimmy-HS New Member

Feb 27, 2014

Sigh.

The district I want to work at will not look at you if you do not score high enough on the TeacherFIt. And, I would like to work here. I have taken the TeacherFit twice before. I am now a much different than I was about three years ago.

Now a friend of mine, yes an actual person that is not me, took the test again took screen shots of all the questions. This person offered me the questions. Should I take the questions? I could easily reverse engineer the questions. I know what the test is looking for after reading as much of it online as I can.

One side of me says this is only one part of the process and it is to get the interview. And that is all it is for. So take the questions and get the interview. If I fail the interview that is fine. I want the interview.

The other side of me says do not take the questions. As even if I get a high score and am offered the job, I may not be a good fit for the district. And I would be out of a job in a year or two. Which seems to be a fair concern.

Any suggestions. Right now I am leaning towards taking the questions so I can get the interview.

3. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Feb 27, 2014

I hate those surveys.

I don't see anything wrong with looking at the questions.

So many of those tests seem to have only negative choices. I took one a while ago that had a question like, "The biggest cause of problems for teachers these days is:"
    - Inadequate students
    - Inadequate parents
    - Inadequate administration

Not an exact quote, but it was a very similar question. It was really negative and no choice seemed to be right at all. There were several similar questions.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Feb 28, 2014

I don't see anything wrong with looking at the questions as long as you don't take the other person's answers.

5. Crosby

Crosby New Member

Jan 23, 2020

6. Crosby

Crosby New Member

Jan 23, 2020

Hi Kimmy,
    Please reply back if you read this message.
    I wanted to update you on how teachers in Chicago confronted the inappropriate use of Teacherfit as a sole criteria for whether or not to consider a teacher's application.
    The Chicago Teacher's Union took it to the school board that did not know what was going on. Principals who wanted to hire a dream candidate could not even consider them if they did not make a certain score on Teacherfit. These issues hit the papers and then the courts and they backed down some and made it "one factor".
    The "research" on TeacherFit is unconvincing to me because if you read it carefully they leave out a lot of details on the research design such as did they use a "double-blind approach", did they avoid a Halo effect or Framington Effect with the principals and teachers in the studies, etc.
    But Teacherfit is still out there and used as a pre-screening assessment in some counties here in metro Atlanta. I would like to discuss with you the design of the questions compared to the Gallop instrument and others.
    Also I am interested to learn about your subsequent experiences with the Teacherfit assessment.
    Best regards, Crosby

7. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Jan 23, 2020

Kimmy hasn't logged into this forum for 6 years and that was her only post. I don't think she's going to read this message.