TeacherFit

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by chasisaac, Jun 1, 2012.

1. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Jun 1, 2012

Is there any possible way to know your score on TeacherFit

3. tonysam

tonysam Comrade

Jun 2, 2012

4. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Jun 2, 2012

I agree. And if you do not get in the magic 8 range . You are out.

Locally the largest school district in the state uses TeacherFit(to be tied) to screen out people.

A friend who is student teaching this semester was told by her CT: I was going to retire they (HR and P) asked me to come back for one more year to teach regular 5th grade as they could not find any elementary teachers.

Really not one? Maybe this off the shelf crap is not telling you what you think it is telling you.

I wish I could find out my score. If it is to low, which I am sure it is as I overthink questions, I will not apply to any teacherfit place. As it is a waste of my time.

5. hubbopolis

hubbopolis Rookie

Aug 5, 2013

Can someone explain how these questions were developed? They are a mess...ambiguity, grammatical errors, semantic conflicts:

'I almost always admit when I make a mistake' Seriously? That's the best way to pose that question?

It's OK to have a sloppy test if the results are used for nothing more than some basic introspection, but to hinge a decision to interview someone based on their 'score' in this quackery is nearly malpractice.

6. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Aug 5, 2013

I hate these types of tests. They are so situational and I could honestly answer yes and no on most questions, depending on different situations.

7. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Aug 5, 2013

I hate those personality screeners. A few of the districts around me use one and I am never sure what to answer the questions with since they are so weirdly worded.

8. breezymarie07

breezymarie07 Companion

Aug 6, 2013

My state is called TeacherInsight, but I'm assuming it's the same as I remember that question. This test is so situational for me and I have such a hard time answering the questions. I want there to be a comment box for me to explain my answer! That could be due to my inability to just answer a yes or no question, though...I always have to explain it. I think the Meyers-Briggs personality test would be a better test to take if they're going to analyze something.

9. Crosby

Crosby New Member

Jan 23, 2020

Google Teacherfit and the Chicago Schools, Teacher Union and School Board!