Teacher Wedding Favors

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissPachucki, Jul 29, 2008.

1. MissPachucki

MissPachucki Rookie

Jul 29, 2008

Hello!
    My fiancee and I are getting married next July and we met with the wedding venue today so I'm inspired to do some planning!
    We are both teachers - does anyone have any ideas about some favors for our guests that are in any way teacher related?
    Just curious if anyone had any thoughts! Thanks :)
    M.E.:thanks:

3. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jul 29, 2008

I got a cute Christmas ornament this year from a student. It's a glass pencil. It's so cute! You could attach a little tag with your names and your wedding date. You could also do an apple.

I'll think of more :)

4. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jul 29, 2008

What about little chalkboards that have your date and names written on it with that marker chalk thats permanent, coming with 2 chalk sticks one of each with your favorite colors. I just kinda thought of that so it might be corny or weird, haha.

People do this usually with pears...but what if you have two apples in a little basket decorated with whatever and your wedding colors, has a little tag on it and says "the perfect pair" on one side and then your date and names on the other.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2008

I was thinking of pens/pencils/sticky notes with the date & your names. Who doesn't have room for one more pencil/pen & I LOVE sticky notes to use around the house!!!

6. TampaTeacher

TampaTeacher Comrade

Jul 29, 2008

When I was planning my wedding, I read about two rock stars who gave out guitar pics that said "Mary Picked Joe" and "Joe Picked Mary." (I made up those names because I can't remember who it was)

It would be cute if you did something similar with apple-shaped trinkets, since you also "pick" apples. :)

7. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Jul 29, 2008

Actually I think this is quite adorable! :) [ http://www.beau-coup.com/chalkboard_coasters.htm ]

I tried googling "teacher wedding favors" but really nothing comes up. All I could think of was candy apples, custom pens, custom bookmarks.

.... not a favor but a teacher wedding garter would probably be adorable. i just bought a fireman one for a relative =)

Good luck finding something - let us know!

edit: i just saw a candle that said "apple of my eye"(myweddingfavors.com)

8. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2008

what about a dontation to an educational fund or school in a poor area??

9. MissPachucki

MissPachucki Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

wow - all great ideas. Thanks everyone! :) Keep them coming!

10. tgi1515

tgi1515 Comrade

Jul 30, 2008

I went to a teacher wedding in June and she put little fish bowls with kissing fish on the reception tables. She had all sorts of cute notes put around it begging people to take them home and how to feed them. Lots of people commented on how only a teacher would give away pets with directions at a wedding. I thought it was really cute...;)

11. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 31, 2008

I was maid of honor in a wedding once where the favors were beta fish...they had a hundred or more of these bowls on the tables, and they told anyone who could afford to buy the food to take one home, she put the rest in each of her teacher friends' classrooms. :0)

12. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Jul 31, 2008

This is so cute! I love this thread! Now I'm just jealous that I'm dating a computer nerd instead of a teacher!
    What if you gave out some of those little books on keychains? You could put your names and date on the inside...

13. MissAinCA

MissAinCA Rookie

Jul 31, 2008

Miniature candy apples?? That idea doesn't seem so good anymore after reading the previous ones. Or get some small boxes, wrap them up with a bow or something and then have a "homework assignment" inside that says they have to do something for their spouse/significant other/someone they love etc...

14. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2008

Great idea!!!

Think about it, while we think the teacher favors are cute, and I do, will people really keep them or will they end up getting tossed out. All to often I hear of people talking about cute favors they get at weddings and then they say something like and I have no idea where it is now. Maybe you can save yourself some money and do the donation idea.

15. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 31, 2008

How about donating apples to a food bank? You can make bookmarks yourself very easily and have one side of the bookmark let the guests know that you donated apples to the food bank and the other side with your names or initials/date and a quote or poem about love that you both like.

16. tgi1515

tgi1515 Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

The wedding I went to in June also had 2-color die cut hearts on the table. Everyone was to write advice to the couple -red side for the groom, pink side for the bride. They read them from time-to-time during the reception. It was very entertaining and also gave us some good ideas.... even to some that have been married a lonnnng time.

A million years ago, there weren't favors, only food. The guests brought gifts to the couple....

Another teacher friend had their names put on M&M's and each guest got a little box of M&M's. A bunch of our husbands ate them all before the reception was over!!!

I like Tasha's idea. Maybe you could do the donation idea and have bookmarks with a note or poem to Lifetime-readers from a Life-time couple.Well, it needs work, but you get the idea....

17. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

I like the idea of candy apples - especially if you can find a company that can do smaller ones you can individually wrap in your wedding colors.

18. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2008

I like the homework assignment idea.
    I also like engraving pencils or pens?

At my wedding we did not do the tradtional garter toss.
    Instead we had wheelbarrow races.
    We started with the bridesmaids holding the groomans legs.
    Then guests could compete; single or married couples.
    Winners of heats (sp?) then raced for the flowers and garter.