Teacher Webpage

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MandaNicole01, Aug 5, 2007.

1. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 5, 2007

I had to create a webpage using frontpage for one of my graduate classes. My school's systems operator (who doesn't really know what she is doing) deleted it! I put it back on the web and she has deleted part of it yet again! Well, the class is now over and I don't really care about my previous site...however, I'd like to have a webpage for my class this year. I was thinking of getting a site and just having her hyperlink it from the school site so she didn't have access to delete any part of it! I've found teacher web and I heard scholastic has an easy homepage for teachers...what site do you use to "house" your webpage? I'm willing to pay for it...I just want to choose one where I can still be creative with the layout. I didn't see any samples of scholastic webpages...anyone care to share?

3. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Aug 5, 2007

I've used the Scholastic site, and it's good, but I'm far from an expert. Our district is requiring all teachers to do a page on their school's section of the district site. I went to the website training, and so far, all I've been able to do is put one picture in mine - no text!

They've spent so much time telling us what we can't put on our site, and installing safeguards to prevent us from making something that looks awful, that we never really understood what we CAN do. :| Sigh. At many of these technology workshops, I process the information at half the speed that they present it. :sorry: Sorry I don't have more info.

4. CarrieB

CarrieB Companion

Aug 5, 2007

I have mine on Geocities. We also have a school website that we can use, but it is so restrictive in the formating of the page because they want teacher who have no web page experience to be able to make pages. I have no problem with that, but I like to use html formating, tables, graphics, etc. and can't with our school page.

Here's a link if you want to look. Its still in the planning stages.

htp://www.geocities.com/cbelternd/