Teacher treats you've enjoyed receiving or giving

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teachling, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 12, 2013

With the approach of the start of school, it made me reflect on this. I'm giving my team mates a small goody bag to welcome then back as well as celebrating our new team configuration.

Anyway, I remembered one year our P gave us an electric pencil sharpener that still operational. Seems like a small thing but I so have enjoyed this and it's been so useful for the students. As far as giving, one year I gave an ex teammate a teacher bell that had pink rhinestones close to the edge. It's her favorite color and she likes bling so needless to say she would tell me how she and her students love it.

So what about you guys?

3. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Aug 13, 2013

When I finished student teaching all the kids in the class each made me a personal card. They were so precious :wub:

4. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2013

I think flowers for their desk on the first day is always a nice gesture. :)

5. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2013

A kid gave me a mug with my favorite cookies on the inside. Perfect!

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2013

December holidays my grade level colleagues do gifts ( actually there's 6 of us on the team and 3 of us do gifts for the whole tem...not exactly sure why the others dont, but I don't really care...it's the spirit of the season, Kwim?)
    Here's some ideas:
    Socks and nail polish for a pedi
    Teas
    Coffee gift cards
    Home baked goodies
    Gloves

7. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Aug 13, 2013

When I was student teaching, a parent who came in for PT conferences brought my mentor and me each a little gift bag of nuts and chocolates. She expressed her gratitude for our dedication to teaching and said she knows that teachers don't get thanked much. It touched me that she thought of me, even though I was just a ST.

8. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2013

Chocolate :)

I also like nice, colorful grading pens and cute binder clips.

9. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 13, 2013

You reminded of a wonderful thing a couple of volunteer parents did for our school this past year. They cooked and brought a buffet for us for lunch. We're talking fajitas, pasta casserole, rice, salad and I forget what the dessert was because I didn't have any but everything look home made or gourmet. We had never had that school wide. We were so appreciative!