Teacher tote bags, looking for a good one...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by heavens54, Nov 3, 2010.

1. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Nov 3, 2010

I see them out there. I want a long one and a tall one. Long handles. I haven't seen any out there for a long time. It needs to be strong so it can hold books and TEs and all the other stuff we lug to and fro. Where can I buy a good teacher tote bag? Thanks.

3. kwiatt1st

kwiatt1st Rookie

Nov 3, 2010

I use a Vera Bradley "Vera" Tote bag and I love it. It is pretty heavy duty too :) Good luck

4. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Nov 3, 2010

5. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 3, 2010

I use a LL Bean tote also, have a few in different sizes.

6. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Nov 3, 2010

Also use the LL Bean Tote in Large. I got mine with a zipper (for when it rains) and the long handles. Don't get the extra large one, though. My nine year old daughter was able to fit completely inside the one I accidentally ordered!

7. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Nov 3, 2010

also, the LL Bean totes are reasonably priced and last forever.

8. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Nov 3, 2010

If you have an outlet near you they're usually discounted, I got mine for $9.

9. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Nov 3, 2010

i got my totebag from Barnes and Noble. It's got a quote on both sides about writing. B&B also carries lots of cute reader and writer related bags. One has a lot of famous female authors redrawn as cats which is cute.

Have you tried Etsy or Cafepress? They have a lot o one o the kind bags. In fact, I had a totebag that I carried for years that had a girl standing with her back to me and a mpa in her hand that said, "She travels until she finds a place called Home."

I had another bag that was army print that said, "Our Love Is the Real Thing" by Gwen Stefani's Harajuku collection that I LOVED

10. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Nov 4, 2010

For the LL Bean, the medium size? Or the large? I need it long enough to hold papers and not bend them, but not too large so that they flop around in the bag and get wrinkled. How about Lands End? Are their bags about the same in quality? Thanks for your suggestions. I do love the Vera Bradley, but not sure I want something that high in quality. I tend to beat up my stuff.

11. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 4, 2010

The LL Bean large size is right for me, and like Mrs. R said, the extra large will hold a child! :) but it is perfect for trips. Machine washable and they really hold up.

12. porque_pig

porque_pig Comrade

Nov 4, 2010

I think the Land's End bags are comparable in quality, size and selection. I think either choice would be great.

13. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Nov 4, 2010

I have an LL Bean bag and a Land's End bag and I prefer my Land's Eng bag. I believe the material is a better quality and I like the extra pockets in it.

14. NewNCTeach

NewNCTeach Rookie

Nov 4, 2010

I LOVE my monogrammed LL Bean bag, but I wish I had a Lands End one since it is very similar and also sturdy, but it has a pocket in front.

15. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 4, 2010

I think I am going to check out the Lands End bags.

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 4, 2010

I started using the Vera bag by Vera Bradley in September; it still looks like new.

That said, I love the quality of everything Lands End I've ever owned.

17. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Nov 4, 2010

I have a Buxton leather bag from Staples. I think I paid $100 for it, but it holds everything and then some, plus it stands up, something I always look for in a bag. 3 years later, and it's tearing on the straps, but I plan to buy the exact same one in another color.

18. Momma C

Momma C Comrade

Nov 4, 2010

I actually use a rolling bag - Jeep brand. I bring tons of stuff home, papers, books, binders, etc.

19. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 5, 2010

I had one just like that and LOVED it. Mine was teal.

But the doctor doesn't want me carrying a leather bag anymore; it's too heavy.

So Vera bradley it is.

20. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Nov 5, 2010

So, Lands End large is the size I need to fit my papers? What about the tall one, anyone try that? Thanks all.

21. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Nov 5, 2010

I have a large Land's End bag and it fits notebooks and folders for sure. They should have the dimensions listed so look at the "normal" amount of stuff you would take and measure it to find the bag that will best meet your needs.

I believe my bag is a large (it might only be a medium though)and it has the zip top.

22. AnonyMS

AnonyMS SpEd Para! BASE room aide! RTI Facilitator!

Nov 6, 2010

Thanks for this thread. I am a 'floater' w/o my own room, never mind desk or bookshelf! I brought in a combination lock and grabbed a student locker! I need a bag that's highly recommended, strong, sturdy, long-lasting, multiple pockets, with a zipper on top, and long handles!

I found that the Lands' End bags have certain colors / sizes on clearance so the large bag - on clearance - is only $20!